Catch New England’s homegrown country music talent here! And find out where to catch them, locally and in Nashville
Meet: Madelyn Paquette
From: Sudbury, MA
Sound: country-pop and acoustic singer-songwriter
Plays: guitar, piano and ukulele
High school junior, Madelyn Paquette has been singing her whole life, but started writing and playing instruments when she was 10 years old. Her biggest influences have been Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Cassadee Pope, Maren Morris and Rascal Flatts. But the songwriters she looks up to most are Grammy Award winner Lori McKenna (from Stoughton), as well as James Taylor and Taylor Swift. Vocally, she was inspired by The Voice contestant, Christina Grimmie and a cappella favorite Pentatonix. Madelyn is incredibly poised for her years and her writing is exceptional, as you will witness in her lyrics below. She is also has quite a philanthropic spirit, already getting involved in causes that are important to her. Last year Paquette became a spokesperson for Baby Safe Haven New England, a group that advocates for the Safe Haven Act. You can read about Madelyn's involvement HERE.
It's no wonder Madelyn was selected as one of 167 out of 14,000 original song applicants in the National Young Arts Foundation. She was 1 of 5 in the Voice Singer/songwriter category. which afforded her the opportunity to travel to Miami and participate in a week of performances, master classes and workshops. Paquette received an additional honor of Level 1 Voice Singer/Songwriter Award! Chris Young won this same award in 2003.
- All-time favorite country song: "Bless The Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts
- Favorite country concert: Keith Urban
- First country concert: Taylor Swift
- Madelyn loves popcorn and mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Her ancestors are French royalty
- She is in 3 different a cappella groups at her high school
- Paquette loves elephants! And she dreams of one day traveling to India or Thailand to see them in their natural habitats
- She has almost perfect pitch
- Madelyn has written most of her best songs in the middle of the night, or the shower