Meet award winning singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and high school student, Jimmy Connor from Boxboro, MA!
Jimmy has become one of the most sought after live acts in New England over the past few years, making a name for himself as an energetic, engaging performer. He works hard and it shows; from songwriting, to preparation, practice and promotion. And that talent and dedication to art has his earned him gigs expanding well beyond our borders here. Weekends and vacations you can find Connor anywhere from New York to Nashville. It's hard to imagine this talented artist is only 17! Jimmy has been playing guitar and singing since he was just 6 years old. Last year he won the New England Country Music Organization's Songwriter of the Year Award, along with Country Band of the Year. He was also named Male Entertainer and Instrumentalist of the Year by the North American Country Music Association, International.
Take a look at the video JC recently recorded of his current single, "Nothin Better," in our Country 102.5 studios!
Here's the official single release, available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon and just about everywhere else!
The Skinny On Jimmy
- All-time favorite country song: "I Want Crazy: by Hunter Hayes. Jimmy says" the song changed my life because when I was 14 years old and he pulled me up on stage in front of 8,000 people at the Champlain Valley Fair in VT to sing that song with him, I knew that this was what I had to do. He has been a mentor to me since that time. I've learned so much from him. He came to one of my shows in Nashville last year and also invited me to perform with he and his band at two of their shows during his tour last summer in NH and ME. He and his band and team have become friends and I just feel so blessed to even be able to say that. I still cover that song at most of my shows and it has the same level of inspiration today as it did then."
- Favorite country concerts: Lady Antebellum with Sam Hunt and Hunter Hayes, Brad Paisley, and Tim McGraw with Billy Currington and Chase Bryant
- Recently opened for Granger Smith at Country 102.5's Rocking Country Music Series at the Hard Rock to benefit the Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center
- Plays acoustic and electric guitars, mandolin, piano, banjo and the resonator
- Keith Urban, Hunter Hayes, Livingston Taylor and Dan + Shay are major influences
- Favorite run-in with a celebrity: after the Keith Urban Ripcord tour last summer, he ran into Brett Eldredge at the airport on the same flight to Nashville. Jimmy says Brett is a "super nice guy!"
- Favorite beverage: coffee, coffee, coffee
- Favorite past time (outside of music): fishing with friends
- Loves to summer in Wellfleet (Cape Cod): boating, digging for clams, beaching and fishing
Where To Catch Connor
- April 18- Belcourt Taps, Nashville, TN
- April 21- The Trap, East Greenwich, RI
- May 4- Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, Foxboro, MA
Connect With Jimmy Connor
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.