Meet Carly Tefft, a singer/songwriter from Cape Cod, now living the dream in Nashville!
She is Boston, through and through, but this "red-headed rock" artist has her feet planted in Nashville. Carly grew up in Sandwich, MA and started playing guitar at age 13. Then it was on to drums, bass, piano and even French horn! She has been writing songs since she was just 7 years old. Tefft has coined her own term, for her own unique sound: Red-headed rock 'n roll," which she says is a mix of Kieth Urban, Carole King and Gavin DeGraw. He's had to opportunity to open for such names as Charles Esten (TV's Nashville), Lance Carpenter, Kalie Shorr, Entrain and more. As for the name, her parents were both Carly Simon fans(also a Cape Codder)...so, it's Carly!
Carly came home last week for family, and gigs around town, so of course we had to have her come in to play live in the Local Catch studio! Here's the song she wrote and performs live before the Boston Marathon (2 years now). Her Boston Strong anthem, "Keep On Running."
Carly Tefft performs "Keep On Running" at Country 102.5!
Carly's latest single is "Truth." Take a listen to this powerful song!
Carly Tefft performs "Truth" at Country 102.5!
Proceeds from "Keep On Running" go to Mass Eye and Ear to help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
- Biggest influences: The Beatles, Police, Carole King, Bryan Adams, The Eagles, Keith Urban, Gavin DeGraw, Ed Sheeran, Sheryl Crow, Bruce Springsteen, Carly Simon
- All-time favorite country song: (It changes, but currently:) "Kill A Word" and "Record Year" by Eric Church
- Most proud moment: Performing for Cam Hope; a camp for kids battling cancer in Kansas. Plus singing at Fenway Park, and performing her original song ("Keep On Running") at the Boston Marathon for the first time.
- Favorite country concerts: Keith Urban, Eric Church, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, and Chris Janson
- Nashville gigs: Bluebird Cafe, Margaritaville, Listening Room Cafe, Belcourt Taps, The Row and more.
- Carly is a Sox-aholic and a wicked Boston sports fan!
- During one week in April 2016, she performed her Boston Strong anthem ("Keep on Running") at the Marathon starting line, and sang the National Anthem at the Red Sox and Celtics games.
- Once threw a 50 mph fastball in her high school glory days
- Tefft can recite almost every line from the movie, Fever Pitch
- She is an avid baker/chef (loves to cook, probably gets it from her Italian heritage)
- Carly calls herself a professional beach bum
Catch Carly Live
- Tonight (Wednesday July 12)- Pilot House, Sandwich, MA 6-9pm
- Thursday, July 13- Station 8, with Britt Hill, Marshfield, MA 8-11:30pm
- Saturday, July 15, The Pinehills, Plymouth, MA. Summer Artisan Market 12:30-2:30
The Tefft Network
Carly's visit to our studios...also featuring her good friend, roommate and Local Catch artist, Kate Cameron.
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!