Meet Ibby, a singer/songwriter from Easton, and soon to be Harvard student!
Ibby has been putting thoughts down on paper, and writing poetry for as long as she can remember. Her parents encouraged her to pick up a guitar and turn her stories into songs. When Ibby was 13 she performed at a local pub, and was hooked! Her songwriting ranges from the extremely personal to the imaginary. Her bedroom floor often serves as her inspirational writing space. As Ibby gears up to study physics at Harvard later this month, she continues to make music and give back. She set up a listening concept for babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Mass General Hospital, as part of their Music Therapy program. Now, she continues to donate from her musical earnings to that program. The funds go to buy instruments for inpatients. Music is therapy, and for some a great escape. Those patients who connect with the instrument are given it to take home! Ibby's music definitely connects with people, which is why she has earned so many accolades, already, at just 18 years old. She was recently nominated for New England Music Awards' Best New Act 2017. Her song, "Lightning Don't Strike Twice" was a finalist in the Great American Songwriting Contest. She achieved the Executive Producers audition of both The Voice and American Idol. Ibby was also named Finals Champion on Community Auditions 2 years ago!
See Ibby performing live at our Catch studios! She did her latest, "Breathin," despite having a cold, ironically! She sounded great!
Her first single, "Lightning Don't Strike Twice" earned her national recognition:
Ibby's album, Cross Your Heart, is available now on Itunes. Click HERE! You can also find it on Spotify, Youtube, Apple Music, Amazon and CD Baby.
- Biggest Influences: Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Kacey Musgraves, and Lori McKenna
- Plays: Piano, guitar and banjo
- All-time favorite country songs: "She Don't Love You"- Eric Paslay, "One of Those Nights" by Tim McGraw, "Give It All We Got Tonight"- George Strait
- First Country Concert: The Mavericks
- Currently digging on Country 102.5: "Wanna Be That Song" by Brett Eldredge, and "Black" from Dierks Bentley
- Craziest Thing That Happened While Performing: She swallowed a bug while playing a festival this summer!
- Ibby has skills! She can stand on her head, indefinitely. And can hold her breath for 2 minutes and 6 seconds
- Loves studying outer space
- Other talents: indoor and outdoor track
Catch Ibby Live
- August 4: The House of Brews in Stoughton, MA
- August 15: Seashell Stage at Hampton Beach in NH, with the All You Got tour.
Follow Ibby Here
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!