Meet Jimmy Connor, a 17 year old multi-award winning, multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter from Boxboro, MA!
If there is such a thing a being able to sense an artist on the verge of breakout, it's happening now with Jimmy Connor. His drive, work ethic, talent, presence and likability are off the charts. All this, and he's not even a senior in high school yet! (Next week, he will be). At this young age, he's already put in 11 years of practice, having picked up a guitar at age 6. Connor has become one of the most sought after live acts in New England and beyond. You may have seen Jimmy on stage with Hunter Hayes, he has performed with him on several of his New England tour stops! Hunter is Jimmy's long-time idol and now has become a long-term mentor and friend, who Jimmy credits for helping him believe that this dream can become reality. Their similarities are obvious. Both play a long list of instruments and both are work horses, perfectionists, and showmen. So, look out Nashville...here comes Jimmy!
Celebrating the release of his debut EP, It's About Time, Jimmy came back to our Country 102.5 studios to share his new music. Check out his acoustic version of his new single, "Party Girl."
Jimmy also performed the title track, "It's About Time."
The EP was recorded at Ocean Way Studios in Nashville and is available on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon, and CDs are available at his shows. Here's the Nashville studio recorded version of "Party Girl."
The Skinny On Jimmy
- He's graduating early, in January, to focus full time on music
- Plays acoustic/electric guitar, resonator, bass, mandolin, banjo, cajon, and a bit of piano and drums. He hasn’t met an instrument he doesn’t like!
- All-time favorite country song: "I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes. The song changed his life because when he was 14, Hunter pulled Jimmy on stage in front of 8,000 people in VT to sing with him. That's when he knew he had to make music his life. He still covers this song at most of his shows now
- Favorite country concerts: Lady Antebellum, Sam Hunt, Hunter Hayes, Chase Bryant, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley...
- Other influences: Keith Urban, Livingston Taylor, Sean McConnell and Dan + Shay
- Celebrity encounter: Flying back and forth from Boston to Nashville, Jimmy has had several airport encounters including Brett Eldridge, Dave Barnes, and Russell Dickerson...all super nice guys!
- Loves to summer in Wellfleet: boating, fishing, digging for clams and beachin' it!
- Favorite beverage: coffee, coffee and more coffee!
Connor In Concert
- August 31: Toby Keith's in Foxboro
- September 1: American Cruise Line's Constellation Cruise Ship, Provincetown, MA
- September 9: Hampton Beach Seafood Festival
- September 16: Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival, McCoy Stadium, Pawtucket, RI
- September 29: Firewater Tavern, Tewksbury, MA
Connect With Jimmy Connor
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!