We can't wait for our annual Festival at the Xfinity Center tomorrow, which definitely has become a New England tradition! This year world renowned, Grammy Award winning multi-platinum group, Lady Antebellum headlines. They bring their friends Kelsea Ballerini, and Brett Young with them. And performing on the side stage, hot newcomer Jacob Davis! As we count down the hours to showtime, I thought you'd like to learn a little more about Hillary, Dave and Charles...
- The name: The group was working on a name as they were shooting a music video in the South, in an old Antebellum style mansion. They just liked the name "antebellum," and "lady" followed shortly thereafter. (BTW, antebellum means "before the war.")
- Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Hayward signed their first record deal in 2007 with Capitol Records Nashville. Happy 10th anniversary Lady A!
- Their first hit, "Love Don't Live Here" peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart in June of 2008
Purchase Lady Antebellum's latest music: http://umgn.us/LadyApurchase Stream the latest from Lady Antebellum: http://umgn.us/LadyAStream Sign up to receive email updates from Lady Antebellum: http://umgn.us/LadyAupdates Website: http://ladyantebellum.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ladyantebellum Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ladyantebellum Twitter: https://twitter.com/ladyantebellum Music video by Lady Antebellum performing Love Don't Live Here. (C) 2007
- Hillary Scott is the daughter of singer, Linda Davis and musician Lang Scott. Linda is best know for her 1993 hit duet with Reba McEntire, "Does He Love You."
Music video by Reba McEntire performing Does He Love You. (C) 1993 MCA Nashville
- Hillary was rejected from twice from American Idol. She never made it past the first round
- Charles Kelley is the brother of pop and country artist, Josh Kelley. Josh is married to actress Katherine Heigl
- Lady A released their iconic "Need You Now" 7 years ago. It went on to become their biggest hit, sitting at #1 for 5 weeks! It even crossed over onto pop and adult contemporary music charts. It went world-wide, becoming a hit in Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, the Netherlands and Norway! Certified sextuple platinum, this single has also become a karoke standard.
Pre-VEVO play count: 29,104,971 Music video by Lady Antebellum performing Need You Now. (P) (C) 2009 Capitol Records Nashville. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation of applicable laws. Manufactured by Capitol Records Nashville, 3322 West End Avenue, 11th Floor, Nashville, TN 37203
- Dave Hayward and Charles Kelley co-wrote their friend Luke Bryan's 2009 hit, "Do I." And, oh yeah, that's Hillary singing backing vocals.
Official video of Luke Bryan performing Do I from the album Doin' My Thing.
- Hillary Scott met her husband, Chris Tyrell, when they were both touring with Tim McGraw. Chris was the drummer for Love and Theft. Their love story inspired the Lady A hit, "Just a Kiss" and Chris is now the drummer for Lady Antebellum.
- Lady Antebellum can be heard singing back-up on Darius Rucker's monster hit, "Wagon Wheel."
- And the crowd went wild! Last Spring at the Academy of Country Music Awards, Lady A brought the University of Las Vegas Marching Band with them and abounding energy. The packed house ate it up! Consider this your pump-up-for-festival-day video!
Watch as Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley, and Dave Haywood take the ACM stage to perform their single "You Look Good." Stream the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards on-demand.
Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Please join us for a live broadcast starting at 3:00 and at the venue look for our Country 102.5 tent and say hi! Tickets and festival times available HERE!