Meet Chris Moreno, a pop-rock-modern-country singer/songwriter from Northboro, now living in Boston
It's hard to define Chris and his music, but there is an aching in his voice and a very slight, sweet twang that softens the edge of his rock delivery. The first time I heard him sing, here in our studios, I immediately thought he sounded familiar, and then it hit me...Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20. Comparisons are likely not welcomed by most artists, as each is completely individual and unique, but my intention is meant as a huge compliment. Chris's influences are evident in his music, from Goo Goo Dolls, to Sam Hunt and Mat Kearney. Moreno first picked up a guitar when he was just 12 years old but took a brief hiatus from music in college. He realized he had to make music a priority, so he refocused and recommitted to be a singer/songwriter. Perhaps the choice of leaving, then coming back to the music, is what brings a feeling of yearning, and sense of appreciation to Chris's songs and sound. His voice is smokey and silky, at the same time, and his delivery honest and impassioned.
Music By Moreno
When Chris paid me a visit in the Country 102.5 studios he shared a couple of his originals. Take a listen to the lead off track, "All I Need, from his album, Into The Sun,
Here's Chris with his latest, "Try."
Click this download for the official studio release of "Try" by Chris Moreno
Confabbing With Chris
- All-time favorite country song: "You Don't Know Her Like I Do" by Brantley Gilbert
- Now liking on Country 102.5: "Do I Make You Wanna" - Billy Currington
- Most proud moment: The completion of my debut album, Into The Sun
- Favorite country concerts: Sam Hunt, Rascal Flatts
- First country concert: Rascal Flatts
- Fun fact: I have an obsession with bananas, and eat at least 2 to 3 per day
- Favorite movie: Almost Famous
- Crush: Has a slight obsession with Colbie Caillat
Moreno On The Move
- September 24: Allston Village Street Fair (full band), 2-3 pm
- September 30th, Plough and Stars Cambridge 10PM
- October 8: Topsfield Fair (full band), 5-8
- October 14th, Bowery Electric , NYC 8PM
The Social Chris Moreno
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!