Meet Eva Westphal, a 17 year old singer/songwriter from Boston, who was Team Blake's sole finalist on The Voice Snapchat Season 2!
When you grow up in a family that encourages music and learning an instrument at a very young age, things can happen. Eva Westphal grew up in that family. She and her four brothers each chose a string instrument. So, at six years old, it was the violin for Eva. She has been singing her whole life, and influenced by Taylor Swift, she began songwriting at thirteen. Since then, it has been the writing that has been her passion. Her love of poetry and exposure to music made her a natural. You can see her joy, in her performance; sharing her stories and her music with great affection and devotion. Eva describes her sound as acoustic pop with a country influence. There are definitely hints of soulful folk in her delivery, as well. She may be young still, but her lyrics and performance comfort level make her sound seasoned. Westphal caught national attention after submitting her work to The Voice Snapchat competition. She became a finalist and was the sole contestant left on Team Blake. Alicia Keys wrote this about Eva (last season), "she has a pure tone." Gwen Stephanie said, "I liked her voice a lot." High praise from veteran success stories.
Smooth vocals, an air of confidence and love of music is what Eva exposes in her live performances recorded here at our Country 102-5 studios recently. Take a look, and listen to "Go Up."
Here's Eva performing her original, "Like A Rose."
Take a listen to the audio recording of "Go Up" from Eva:
The Rest Of The Westphal Story
- Plays: Guitar, violin and piano
- Biggest Influences: Stevie Nicks, Amy Winehouse, Alicia Keys, Lauren Alaina, Rascal Flatts, Alice Boman, Little Big Town
- All-time favorite country songs: "Everything by Maren Morris," Cam's "Burning House," and "21 Summer" by Brothers Osborne.
- Most proud moment: Singing at Fenway Park, playing the Outside The Box Music Festival and becoming a finalist on The Voice Snapchat
- Favorite country concert: Zac Brown Band at Fenway Park
- First country concert: Taylor Swift
- Eva has 4 brothers
- She can speak 4 languages
- Favorite food: brownies
- She is half Puerto Rican
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!