Meet The Jake Ash Band, a 5 piece band from Brockton and Whitman who meld traditional with modern country and season it with rock!
This talented, good-time band first came to be in 2013. But here's some irony for you, there is no Jake Ash, nor has there ever been. The name came from the original members of the band, 4 of whom were Brockton firefighters, and one a beer delivery driver. Thus the name, The Jake Ash Band. They were just looking to blow off steam, make some music and have some fun. Fast forward to 2017 and one original firefighter member left, joined by a fiddle-playing EMT (originally from Buffalo) who is the co-lead singer (and firefighter to be), plus a lead guitarist from Hanover who's been playing in New England for over 20 years and a popular Rockland drummer who has played and recorded with many Boston area musicians. Meet Ken Snow(lead vocals/acoustic guitar), Renae Mansfield (co-lead vocals/fiddle), Paul Talkowski (lead guitar/backing vocals), Dennis Cadorett (drums/backing vocals) , and Paul Gardner (bass/backing vocals). The chemistry of this combo, just works. The JAB describes their sound as "Northeast country." Whatever you call it, it'll have you moving, singing, and wanting to hear more of their hooky, clever originals.
Kick Ash Sounds
The Jake Ash Band paid a visit to the Country 1025 studios for a "Catch" session, so we could share their original music with you! Take a look and listen to this canny and catchy original, "Friend Of A Friend."
Here's another hot one from the JAB! Check this out, it's "Bad Karma."
JAB Fun Facts
- Biggest influences: Eric Church, Johnny Cash, Old Dominion and Aerosmith
- All-time favorite country songs: "Mountain Music" by Alabama, "Chicken Fried"- Zac Brown Band, "Tennessee Whiskey" - Chris Stapleton, "Jackson" by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.
- First country concert: Kenny Rogers
- What current songs do you like on Country 1025: "Drinkin Problem"- Midland, "All The Pretty Girls"- Kenny Chesney.
- Most proud moment: Hearing one of our songs on the radio
- The band's bassist is a firefighter, fiddle player (and co-lead singer) is a paramedic, other co- lead singer is a truck driver, guitarist is a banker and the drummer works for the cymbal company, Zildjian.
Jake Jam Sessions
- Saturday 11/18: Damiens's Pub, Hanson, MA 9-12:30
- Friday 11/24: The Brook Kitchen and Tap, Holbrook 9-12
- Saturday 11/25: Westgate Pub, Brockton 9:30-1
- Friday 12/1: D'Anns Pub, Abington 9-12
- Thursday 12/7: Tommy Doyle's at Sidelines, Brockton 8:30-12:30
Follow Jake Ash Band
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!