Meet Mike Gacek, an accomplished singer/songwriter from Lowell!
One listen to Mike Gacek and you know he's Boston. He's a New England rocker with a stories to tell, which makes him perfect for country music. Even though his influences pull primarily from rock, he builds his lyrics with the foundation essential to country music; a good story steeped in imagery and honesty, that's relatable. Mike describes his sound as Darius Rucker meet Bob Seger. The rasp in his voice only adds depth to his soulfulness. Think Brett Eldredge. He's been performing around New England for over 20 years, gathering fans from all walks of life and all tastes in music. Mike was a founding member of the popular rock band, Wilder Road, that won a nationwide contest in 2002. Just last year, Gacek was featured on the cover of Ion Indie Magazine. Check out the cover HERE. Gigging all over New England has presented Mike the opportunity to share the stage with some greats, like Leslie West from the rock group Mountain, Brad Delp from Boston, Wyclef Jean and more.
Mike On The Mic
Check out Mike Gacek live with some original music recording right here in our Country 102-5 studios for another round of the "Catch Sessions." Here's his current single, "The Rest Of My Life"
Look and listen to this gem, "We've Got Something" from Mike.
Now, here's something that'll really hit home! Check out Gacek's studio recording of "I Love Boston."
The Goods On Gacek
- Biggest Influences: Bob Seger, Zac Brown, Jason Aldean
- All-time favorite country song: "I'm Gonna Miss Her" by Brad Paisley
- Currently diggin' on Country 102-5: "Body Like A Back Road"- Sam Hunt, "Drinkin Problem"-Midland, "In Case You Didn't Know"- Brett Young
- Most proud moment: Playing for Governor Charlie Baker
- Favorite country concert: Jason Aldean
- First country concert: Luke Bryan
- Awkward moment performing: "I put the capo on the wrong fret and starting the song alone, when the band came in we were in different keys."
- Mike has been to over 100 concerts
- He collects Boston World Champion memoriabilia
- Met Don Henley and Stevie Wonder in the same 24 hour period in Las Vegas
- Other talents: Is a great dad!
Mark Your Calendars For Mike
- Friday, 11/ 3 (and every Friday) The Glenview Pub and Grill, North Chelmsford 8:00pm
- Saturday 11/4- Wamesit Lanes, Tewksbury 9:00pm
- Sunday 11/5 -The Glenview, North Chelmsford 6-9pm
- Thursday,11/9- Garrisons, Billerica 8:00pm
- Friday 11/10- The Glenview 8:00pm
- Saturday 11/11 Four Oaks Country Club, Dracut 7:00pm
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!
For consideration to be a featured artist on the Local Catch please email: [email protected]