Meet Steve Sweeney, a pop- country-soul artist from Hanover!
Steve is all Boston, from the moment he walks in the room. But don't confuse him with another famous Bostonian of the same name, Steve Sweeney, the comedian. This Steve Sweeney grew up in Dorchester and found his passion early on...music! He had a rising pop career in the 1990s and even had a song played regularly on a Boston radio station. He and music went their separate ways for a while, but were never too far apart. In recent years, Sweeney has discovered his love for songwriting and connected with country music. Since then, his pilgrimage has lead him down the singer/songwriter path. Sweeney expects to release a new album this coming Spring/Summer 2018!
The Sounds Of Sweeney
Steve paid a visit to our studios recently to perform a couple of his originals. Check out his latest, "Don't Get Better Than This."
Sweeney dives deep in the emotional pool, for this gem, "Coming Home."
Strictly Steve Stuff
- Biggest influences: Marvin Gaye, James Taylor, Sam Hunt, Stevie Wonder, Joe Cocker, Chris Martin, Carly Simon
- All-time favorite country song: "Make You Miss Me" by Sam Hunt
- All-time favorite song: "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye
- Songs you like now on Country 102.5: "Unforgettable" by Thomas Rhett, and the whole Life Changes album!
- Most proud moment: His kids
- Favorite country concert: Kenny Chesney at Gillette Stadium
- Other fun facts: Can break dance, can belly dance and can moonwalk with eyes closed!
- Other talents: songwriting, music production, and carpentry
Search Steve Sweeney
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!
For consideration to be a featured artist on the Local Catch please email: [email protected]