Meet: Catherine Roche, a singer/songwriter from Haverhill combines her passions for country, rock, folk and pop in one distinctive sound
Catherine Roche finds it hard to describe her unique sound. She grew up listening to everything from Janis Joplin, to Billy Joel, Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert. So she finds herself constantly linking her loves of favorite genres in both her writing and singing style. Catherine has been performing and singing her whole life. Any chance she could get, she was putting on a show! From school talent shows, to family parties, there was no stopping the performer in her. But she says, "to pursue it professionally, it was a freedom." She finds the whole creative process freeing. Roche adds, "I love to create music that can help people in any situation in life." It's obvious she has a deep devotion to developing her craft and enjoying herself immensely along the way. Catherine delivers her message with a passion, yet there is an ease and comfort in her performance. You can tell she's been doing this for as long as she could speak. Her folksy warble is warming and her joy is infectious.
Catherine honored us with a visit recently and to share a couple of her original songs. Here's her latest single, "Last Key On The Ring"
Now, a "Beautiful Surprise"
Read About Roche
- Biggest influences: Miranda Lambert, Janis Joplin, Dolly Parton, Lori McKenna, Johnny Cash and Kip Moore
- All-time favorite country songs: "Guitars, Cadillacs" by Dwight Yoakam, "Goodnight Saigon" by Billy Joel, "Me and Bobby McGee"-Janis Joplin, "Coat of Many Colors"- Dolly, and anything Kip Moore
- Favorite country concert: toss up between Dolly Parton and Kenny Chesney
- First country concert: Tim McGraw
- If you weren't a musician what would you be doing: There's no plan B for me...lol
- Most proud moment: writing and recording my album with Kent Wells (Dolly's producer)
- Crazy thing that happened while playing: At one of my gigs, this group of girls came up and told me I was there spirit animal, while I was performing
- I owned a mustang, straight from the wild, named Bandit. I trained him and use to show hunter jumper
- I have THE loudest laugh
- I once ate a whole loaf of Wonder Bread with Nutella...and was still hungry!
Catch Catherine Here
- April 23- Loretta's Last Call, Boston (Writers night starting at 7:00pm)
- June 16- Loretta's Last Call, Boston 12:00-3:30pm
The Road To Roche
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].