Meet: Lyssa Coulter, a singer/songwriter from Westboro, MA!
Lyssa, who grew up in Medway, puts her own unique spin on country pop, drawing from her biggest influences like Kelsea Ballerini, Brooke Eden and local country artist, Annie Brobst. She has been singing since she could talk but really started to pursue the dream of a music career during her senior year in high school. Her vocal coach set the wheels in motion, booking local gigs for Coulter. From there, Lyssa was on her own, sending out emails and managing herself. The turning point, in making music her life, came after seeing Kelsea Ballerini perform. She knew that what she had to do, and went to Nashville to record her first song.
Listen To Lyssa
Give this a spin. It's Lyssa's first single, "By My Side.
Lyssa came to perform in our Catch studios and entertained us with a live acoustic version of the single.
Catch this! A brand new song Coulter just wrote and shared with us. It's called, "Me."
A Little 'Bout Lyssa
- All-time favorite country song: "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw
- Currently diggin' on Country 102-5: "Sparks Fly"- Taylor Swift (not a current song, but loves the throwbacks)
- Has opened for: Local Catch artists, Timmy Brown, Annie Brobst, Scarlett Drive, Paige Davis and more!
- If you weren't a musician you'd be: Attending college to become a middle school teacher, and doing the Disney College Program
- Craziest thing that happened on stage: "Someone who had played for Eric Church came up to me and asked if they could play "The House That Built Me"(Miranda Lambert) on guitar, while I sang.
- Lyssa loves to color, can do some sign language and is obsessed with ducks
Catch Coulter Live
- August 18- Firefly's BBQ, Marlboro 7:00pm
- September 2- Smoke Shop BBQ in Cambridge, with Logan Warshaw
- September 3- Firefly's BBQ, Marlboro 4:00pm
- September 16- Local Country Fest at Indian Ranch in Webster
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!