Meet: Tim Buono, from Upton, MA, now featured on a Nashville record label summer compilation!
It was a Brad Paisley song that made Tim Buono a country fan, and later a Brad Paisley concert that inspired him to pursue music. This 22 year old singer/songwriter hasn't stopped since he first picked up a guitar at age 9. His music and delivery has been described as a mix of Charlie Worsham and Eric Church. There's definitely a passion in his expression and an honesty in his vocals, much like the aforementioned. The past few years Tim has used social media to showcase his talents, which is where I first caught him. Recently he recorded a friend's song "Summertime Thing" in Nashville, and it was chosen to be on Silverado Records' Summer On Repeat compilation!
Tim joined me for a Local Catch live session, in studio to share his Nashville release, "Summertime Thing"
Check out this clever jam, "Trucks," written by a couple of Tim's Nashville friends.
Here's the official label release recording of "Summertime Thing."
Time Out With Tim
- All-time favorite country song: "Letter To Me" from Brad Paisley
- Biggest influences: Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban, Eric Church and Jake Owen.
- Favorite county concerts: Brad Paisley (seen him 12 times!), Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban
- First time in Nashville: Tim and his Dad went to CMA Fest in 2013 and were chosen to be the featured guests on a tv show. Cameras followed them around for the day, and ended with hang session with Florida Georgia Line
- Loves fishing, boats and all things ocean
- Tim is a self proclaimed "car nerd." He loves studying cars and working on his truck and dad's jeep
- He is wicked ticklish.
- Went to a vocational school and took up carpentry. He loves to build things from furniture to corn hole boards.
- Most proud moment: Summer 2015 went to our Country 102.5 Country Music Festival starring Dierks Bentley. He won a meet and greet with Dierks, where he told him that he was an aspiring musician and had recently posted a cover of Bentley's "Say You Do." Dierks told Tim he would check it out. And he did! The next day Tim's phone blew up with friends telling him Dierks retweeted his cover song. The fact that he took the time to listen and share this video meant the world to Tim, and pushed him to continue chasing his dream
Catch Tim Buono
- September 16: Country Fest Upton! Click HERE for details
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!