Meet Lexi Zarozny, a high school senior from Shrewsbury, pursuing her dream in the music world with a pop country singer/songwriter sound.
Country music has been a part of Lexi’s life for as long as she can remember. The 17 year old has found memories of sitting in the car with her mother, listening to Country 102-5 and being inspired by the music. She says it’s the beautiful messages and the stories in the music that hooked her in, and made her a country music fan. Zarozny first started singing when she was just 6 years old. She has recently been learning to play guitar, while continuing to write songs and work on her vocals. She has even enlisted the help of another Local Catch featured artist, Whitney Doucet, as a vocal coach. Her writing is quite seasoned for such a young artist. When asked how she would describe her sound, Lexi’s response was,”similar to Kelsea Ballerini and Chris Lane. I like to think of it as upbeat and bass-driven country music.”
Listen To Lexi
Lexi came to perform some originals for my Local Catch sessions and shared her first single, “Highway.”
Next, Zarozny turned us on to a brand new song, she wrote with the guitarist featured here, John G.Barrett. Check out “Burned Up”
Here’s the studio mix of Lexi’s single, “Highway.”
The Zarozny Zone
- All time favorite country song: “Music Is Healing”- Florida Georgia Line
- Biggest influences: Kelsea Ballerini, Florida Georgia Line, and Taylor Swift
- First country concert: Keith Urban (at age six!)
- Songs you currently like on Country 102-5: “Do I Make You Wanna” by Billy Currington, and Blake Shelton’s “Everytime I Hear That Song.”
- If you were’t a musician…: “I would likely be working towards a job in business. My dad owns his own business that makes the Featherstone Flamingos, so business is definitely a part of me!”
- Craziest thing that happened while performing: “Another artist and I got asked to perform “Somethin’ Bad”(Miranda and Carrie). We usually did that song with a cajon, but did not bring it with us. We ended up singing it acapella using our hands and feet as the instruments.”
- Other talents: art, songwriting, secretly a nerd with technology
- Fun facts: known as a natural comedian, has been on honor roll throughout all of high school, had stage fright up until about a year ago. First time performing live was in Faneuil Hall just over a year ago
- September 29: The Big E, on the new E Stage at 4:15!
Lexi is a finalist in the 2017 Masters Of Music competition. She can win her way back to perform at the Big E next year with your vote! Click HERE to vote on Facebook now!
Looking For Lexi?
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!