Meet Krista Angelucci, a Nashville singer/songwriter, originally from Billerica!
Skilled and spirited…words that come to mind when listening to Krista Angelucci. She certainly has the skills, singing and performing for as long as she could speak. In fact, the concerts started in her living room as a very young girl, singing to Amy Grant songs. At 3 years old she would sing “Beauty and the Beast” over and over again for her family, who thought she sounded like a “sick rooster.” But that didn’t deter Krista and her love for music. Her energy is infectious, her warmth apparent… her vibe is definitely spirited! Angelucci’s crystal clear vocals make her message jump out, and keep her lyrics honest. She describes her sound as “rhythmic and hooky. Country with a twist of throwback pop.” Amy Grant is written all over her delivery. You may have seen Krista performing with various bands around New England, and on her own, before she made the trek to Nashville. Since she arrived she’s been busy performing all over the city, recording music and entertaining tourists while working part-time driving for the Pedal Tavern tours.
Krista Clear Sounds
On a recent visit back to Boston, Krista dropped in to perform a couple of songs. This single, “Boom Boom” was a originally pitched to Kellie Pickler. It was passed on, for sounding too young, so Krista released it herself. And it’s a great fit. Take a look and listen…
Krista digs deep to deliver this brand new original heart breaker, “Fake Girl.”
Check out Angelucci’s Nashville studio recording of “Boom Boom.”
The ABC’s Of Angelucci
- Biggest Influences: Amy Grant, Deana Carter, Martina McBride, Jessica Andrews
- All time favorite country songs: “Let It Rain” by David Nail, “Please Forgive Me” from Bryan Adams, and any Amy Grant song
- Current favorites on Country 102-5: “Like I Loved You” by Brett Young, “Peter Pan” by Kelsea Ballerini
- Has opened shows for: Hunter Hayes, Kip Moore, Thomas Rhett, Lee Brice, Jerrod Niemann, Phil Vassar, Neal McCoy and Jo Dee Messina
- First country concert: Big and Rich (where she was booked to open!)
- Favorite country concert: Neal McCoy. “Hands down best country show I’ve seen. One of the nicest, crazy talented guys.”
- Most proud moment: Singing the National Anthem. “Especially at Gillette Stadium for the Pats! what a crazy experience and honor”
- Angelucci means Angel of Light. One of the reasons, Krista never dropped her last name or changed it
- She was home schoooled from 2nd-8th grades
- Her family owned a cookie factory! “The best thing on earth for a kid!”
- Loves traveling, but hates flying
- Drives for the Nashville Pedal Tavern. “That has been the job that has kept me going and able to stay in Nashville to pursue my passion”
- Co-produced her EP, “Love Me Crazy” with a good friend, Chris Parker
Catch Krista Live
- Check out Krista live via social media with her friend Melanie Meriney for “Women Crush It Wednesdays!” It’s a platform for women in the industry to share their talents and encourage each other. Check out their Instagram account live every Wednesday at 8:30 EST with a new featured female artists/writer! (also on Krista’s Facebook page)
- Click HERE for WCIWs on Instagram
‘Lucci On Line
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!