Meet The Darren Bessette Band from North Central, MA, who's brand of here-for-a-good-time-modern country just got them signed to a Nashville record label!
Darren Bessette and Country 102.5 go way back. Not long after we launched in Boston, Darren hit the scene, making his name known around New England and was one of the first local country musicians to do some events with us. His tenacity is impressive. In fact, that determination and his talent took him to Nashville in 2005 where he became a featured performer on several tours and award show events, like the CMT Awards and the CMA Awards, where he was nominated for his song "Country Philosophy." Darren has opened for Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, George Strait. Garth Brooks, Locash and more! The birth of Bessette's daughter Grace in 2007 was a game changer. His priorities changed, taking him off the road and on his way back home to New England to raise her. Since then, Darren and his accomplished band have ripping it up all over New England, earning a bigger fan base then ever. All that hard work has finally paid off. In September the band was signed to the record label, Hypermedia Nashville, and will be releasing an album, world-wide, likely in the early Spring! Congrats The Darren Bessette Band!
Meet The Band
- Darren Bessette - lead vocals and guitar
- Maddy Fontaine - vocals
- Michael Paolucci - guitar
- Sean Fitzgerald - drums
- Spencer Hargis - bass
- Matt Feters - guitar
Cue The Band
Darren Bessette's Garth Brooks influence in obvious, but he also cites Billy Joel, Elvis and his dad as helping to shape his sound. Darren and the band recently performed in our studios live and acoustically. Take a look at this new DBB original, and a favorite at his shows, "Tail Lights."
Soon to be released, on Darren's forthcoming Hypermedia Nashville Records project, it's the clever and catchy, "Sweet Hangover." Check it out:
- All-time favorite country song: "The Dance" - Garth Brooks
- Favorite country concerts: Rascal Flatts, Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn and Reba
- Recent favorite song on Country 102.5: "Humble and Kind" by Tim McGraw
- First country concert: Willie Nelson and Billy Ray Cyrus
- Most proud moment: Watching his daughter sign autographs for the first time
- Loves cooking Thanksgiving dinner
- In his spare time: hanging with his daughter, Grace, Hunting, fishing, scuba diving, four-wheeling and sleeping
- Darren can drink more milk than most human beings should and has been known to eat an entire box of cookies
The Band Bios
- Maddy: Favorite song, ever: Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin. Wasn't a country fan until she joined Darren Bessette Band, at just 23 years old she is the youngest member of the band.
- Michael: Loves Chinese food, Martial Arts, shooting and kayaking. Current fav song: "Dirt On My Boots" - Jon Pardi
- Sean: Loves cooking eggs and steak...but not together! Loves watching Star Wars movies and hanging in the recording studio
- Matt: Spends most of his spare time practicing guitar, loves practicing guitar and cooking steak! Fav current song: "Song For Another Time" by Old Dominion
- Spencer: Loves boxing and watching sports in his spare time. He also plays in a band with his buddy, Doug Flutie. Current favorite song: "Fast" by Luke Bryan
Catch The Darren Bessette Band Live
- Thursday, November 30: Toby Keith's in Foxboro
- Friday, December 1: Toby Keith's in Foxboro
- Saturday December 16th: Bonfire Country Club in Manchester NH
Follow DBB on Social
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!