Meet Jess and Shauna, the heavenly voices behind the duo, Forged, from Southern NH!
Jessica Teixeira and Shauna Muhonen both moved around a lot when they were young, each settling in Southern New Hampshire in high school. Music and singing have always been a part of their lives and somehow they found each other, forged a friendship and and musical partnership. But Shauna says, "forged can mean so many things. Think of the sense that we are forging ahead, or even the analogy of steel that has been forged." It's the strength of the word that made it seem like a good fit for a duo name. Jess agrees and adds that not only the music helped them forge together, but their strong faith, as well. Whatever you call it, it works! Their harmonies are spot on and their musical chemistry, undeniable.
May The Forged Be With You
And through the beauty of video...they can! Take a look at 2 of Forged's original songs they recently recording at our Country 102.5 Studios!
Here's "I'm Gonna Break Your Heart" from their debut EP, Burned and Broken.
Jessica and Shauna dig deep for "I Can't Change You:"
- Favorite country song: Can't possibly name one!
- First country concert: Jess- Rascal Flatts, Shauna- never been to a country concert!
- Country 102-5 favorites now playing: "Every Little Thing"-Carly Pearce, "Light It Up" by Luke Bryan, "Done" and "Better Dig Two" -The Band Perry, "Tin Man"-Miranda, "Dear Hate" by Maren Morris (with Vince Gill)
- Biggest influences: Shauna: in life, her husband, in music, pretty much every genre out there. Jessica: Reba, Garth, Johnny Cash and Martina McBride
- Most proud moment: Getting our first EP mastered at Gateway Studios
- Craziest thing that happened in your career: "It's always crazy to have other musicians compliment our music. Once when we were recording, the studio owner told us that one of our songs was one of his favorites he'd ever worked on. That was humbling and exciting."
- They first met while singing together at a women's retreat. Then started singing together in church.
- Shauna has 6 kids. Jessica has 4, one of which was in utero during their taping in our studio!
- They love children and both support organizations that help children and mothers, like The Joy Of Life Foundation which gives financial aid to local families interested in adoption. They also support Thorn, which is an organization founded by actor Ashton Kutcher which fights against the sexual exploitation of children.
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!