Meet Wildee, a singer/songwriter from Westerly, RI who builds submarines by day!
Brains, beauty and a musical gift...some people have it all, and that's California born and raised, Wildee (pronounced "Will-dee"). She got her unusual name from her Native American great grandmother, and her musical gift from her grandfather. He was left orphaned and homeless as a young child but learning to play and sing saved him. When Wildee was growing up, he would share his music with her, and that's how she fell in love with country music. He passed away years ago, but she sings today in his honor and pursues the dream of a music career in his memory. Wildee has performed all over the country and shared the stage with country music greats, from Eric Church to Billy Currington. She's had the honor of singing our National Anthem in front of huge audiences for the LA Lakers, The Kings, the Clippers, The Dodgers,The San Diego Padres, NASCAR, and the Anaheim Ducks. She's performed on Nashville stages and written with some of Music City's best like Jeff Cohen (Sugarland, The Band Perry, Big and Rich), Jayce Hein (Gretchen Wilson, Jason Aldean), and Steven Williams (Craig Morgan).
The Roar of Wildee
I recently had the privilege of hosting Wildee in our "Catch" studios to perform 2 original songs. Take a listen to this powerhouse vocalist deliver "Free Or Dead:"
Wildee's single, "Burn" is hot!
The Wildee Way
- Started taking voice lessons and piano at age 9 (now plays guitar)
- Describes her sound as a mix between Martina, Carrie Underwood, and Lee Ann Womack
- All-time favorite country songs: "Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and ALison Krauss. "My Church" from Maren Morris, "Independence Day"- Martina, "Fancy" by Reba, and "Today I Started Loving You Again" from Merle Haggard
- First country concert: Jason Aldean
- Currently diggin' on Country 102.5: Anything Thomas Rhett, Maren Morris and Carly Pearce
- If you weren't a musician you would be...Building submarines
- Crazy thing that happened...sang the National Anthem at Staples Center and Taylor Swift and Katy Perry were in the audience!
- She is a natural brunette
- She is actually does build submarines for her day job
- Loves watching Shark Tank
Catch Wildee Live
- Dec 16: Cleats Sports Club, Westerly RI
- Dec 22: The Trap, East Greenwich RI
- Dec 23: Loretta's Last Call, Boston
Wildee On The Web
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas since 1909!