Meet Haley Chic, a gifted and soulful singer/songwriter from Arlington!
One listen to the smoldering tone of this Chic, and you may have an unexplained yearning for a scotch, neat...and a cigar. Her smokey, bluesy delivery is stripped-down sophistication, served chilled in a backroom bar, with a shot of twang. Haley describes her sound as "lyrically inspired acoustic." But honestly, it's her vocals that are inspiring. Her influences range from Miranda Lambert to John Lennon, Brandi Carlisle and Allen Stone. It all started at home. Her love was music was born with the radio; it was always on in her house. Chic started writing poetry at a young age and those poems turned into songs when her parents bought her a guitar at age 15. Haley went on to graduate from Berklee College of Music in 2016 and moved to Nashville where she interned at Round Hill Music Publishing. When she's not playing writer's rounds in Nashville, she is touring all over New England with her band.
Chic Chimes In
Haley Chic recently visited our Country 102-5 studios to share some new music with us. Take a listen to her original, "Same Sunshine."
Check out Haley's "Gone."
The Chic List
- Plays: guitar and piano
- All-time favorite country song: "This year I really loved Maren Morris' -I Could Use A Love Song."
- First country concert: Dolly Parton
- Currently diggin' on Country 102-5: Chris Janson's "Fix A Drink"
- If you weren't a musician...: "My original dream was to go to college as a softball player!"
- Most proud moment: "Playing the Key West Songwriting Festival 2017, and realizing how lucky I am to be able to travel as a musician while being surrounded by friends who are extremely talented."
- Loves pizza, going to Red Sox games
- Lived in Nashville and got to interview country stars, while writing for Nashville Country Club
- January 19- Loretta's Last Call, Boston for Country 102-5 Chase Rice Pre-Party 5:30-7:30
- March 3- Stumble Inn, Londonderry, NH
- May 5- Station Eight, Marshfield, MA
- May 26- Station Eight, Marshfield, MA
Follow Haley Here
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].