Meet Renee Leavitt, a skilled singer/songwriter and Assumption College student.
When Renee was just a toddler, she would watch her father sing and impersonate Bruce Springsteen. That sparked a fire in her and led her to her first talent competition in 2nd grade, and on to opening gigs for such names as Southside Johnny, Gary US Bonds, Jeff Batson, The Herland Brothers and more! This talented 20 year old's energy and flair for the dramatic set her apart from the crowd.
The Reel Renee
Renee recently came by the Country 102-5 studios to record a couple of her originals. Here's "The Boy Next Door:"
Now, the powerful and heartfelt, "Where Were You:"
Here's the audio studio mix of Leavitt's "The Boy Next Door":
Re-recorded original, The Boy Next Door, by Renee Leavitt. Re-recorded at 19 yrs old.
The Lowdown On Leavitt
- Biggest Influences: Lady Antebellum, Toby Keith
- All-time favorite country songs: "Whiskey Girl" by Toby Keith, "Red Dirt Road"-Brooks and Dunn, "Whiskey Lullaby"- Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss and "Run" by George Strait
- First country concert: Toby Keith
- What current songs on Country 102-5 are you liking: "What Ifs" by Kane Brown and Lauren Alaina, "My Girl" by Dylan Scott and "How Not To" - Dan + Shay
- If you weren't a musician: I'm studying to become a lawyer
- Most proud moment: performing in front of 2500 people when I was only 12, with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
- Fun facts/talents: rowing, running, weight lifting, skiing, and watching shows like Game Of Thrones
Renee On Stage
- Sunday, March 18 - The Breakaway, Rte 1 in Danvers, MA
This Way To Renee
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to [email protected].