Meet: Tequila Bonfire, a country/rock band from Worcester!
The band: Roger Gamache (Auburn)- Guitar/vocals, Steve Lamoureux (Brookfield)-Guitar/vocals, Mike Roberts (Brookfield)- Bass/vocals, Mark Perview (Brookfield)-Drums
You could say the match was struck in 2015 for Tequila Bonfire. That’s when Roger and Mike who were previously in a trio playing a mix of country, rock and blues, became a 4 piece band. Originally, they worked under the name “Aunt Judy.” Which according to the guys is a long story. Regardless, I have to say the name alone incited a chuckle for me. They took suggestions on social media for a new name, and Tequila Bonfire was born. Or should I say, ignited! The guys describe their sound as modern country rock. “Our shows consist of mostly what you hear on Country 102-5! We keep people on their toes at shows. We add our own flavor to covers and will often showcase a number of mid-song mashups that people really enjoy.” The chemistry in the band is obvious, the talent is there, and their love for playing is undeniable.
Tequila Bonfire Brings It
Steve, Mike and Roger brought their instruments and a couple of original songs to our studios recently. Check out this catchy original, “Call Me.”
Everyone needs a good anthem, for inspiration. Tequila Bonfire has your back, with their song “Let The Games Begin.”
A Shot Of Tequila Bonfire
- Biggest influences: Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Rascal flatts, Old Dominion, John Mayer, Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dixie Dregs
- Opened for: Montgomery Gentry, Big and Rich
- All-time favorite country songs: Roger- Dierks Bentley, “Free and Easy,” Steve- Jason Aldean-“Crazy Town,” Mike- Old Dominion, “Break Up With Him,” Mark- Rascal Flatts, “Life Is A Highway”
- Current favorites on Country 102-5: Midland- “Make A Little,” Luke Combs- “When It Rains It Pours,” Jordan Davis-“Singles You Up”
- Day Jobs: Roger- Regional Sales Manger, Mike- Auto/RV Mechanic, Steve-Owner/Operator Landscaper, Mark- USPS Mail Carrier
- Most Proud Moment: The birth of our children! But for music moments, certainly being nominated for best Country Music Act 3 years in a row, and winning the award in 2017! Next, would be the great moments opening at Indian Ranch
- Craziest thing that happened in your music career: Our first 7 live shows as a full band were all on nights where 10 inches of snow or more occured! It was a running joke for a while, and venues were afraid to book us.
- More fun facts: Roger was a 3 sport varsity athlete in high school (soccer, basketball & baseball
- Mike performed for a popular local band in the 90’s called Joe Rockhear, who opened for some national rock acts and put out a few cd’s
- Steve once was a member of a popular local rock band called Weight Of Gravity. His look and haircut made people think he was Kurt Cobain
- Mark is a United States Marine
Catch Tequila Bonfire
- April 21- 308 Lakeside, East Brookfield
- April 28- The Goat, Hampton, NH
- May 5- Whiskey On Water, Worcester
- May 19- British Beer Company, Worcester
- May 31- Toby Keith’s, Foxboro
Follow The Fire
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
If you would like to be considered for Catch of the Week e-mail your information and a sample of your work to email@example.com.