Meet: Eva Westphal from Boston
She looks like a model, sounds like a polished artist far beyond her years, is academically accomplished and socially conscience. All this, and she is just 18 years old! This is Eva Westphal, a recent graduate of Milton Academy, committed to attend Columbia University next year. She started playing violin, very young. Then began singing around age 6, and has been flexing her vocal prowess ever since! Eva describes her sound as "acoustic pop," but the elements of her storytelling, and the clarity in her delivery definitely dip into the country genre. And Eva has certainly been influenced by country music, citing Lauren Alaina, Taylor Swift and Cam as favorites. Her song writing is thoughtful and mature. Westphal ultimately hopes to make deep connections and a positive difference through her music.
Eva In Studio
EVA, the debut EP from Westphal was recently released and produced by the renowned, Rich Spillberg, best known for his work with Josh Grobin. Eva shared 2 new songs while visiting the Country 102.5 studios last month.
Here's "Bright Eyes"
And now, "Tatooed"
- Biggest influences: Brandi Carlile, Florence and the Machine, Lauren Alaina, Taylor Swift
- All-time favorite country songs: "The Road Less Traveled" by Lauren Alaina, and "Burning House" from Cam
- Favorite country concert: Zac Brown Band at Fenway
- First country concert: Taylor Swift
- Current Country 102.5 favorites: Anything Hunter Hayes
- If you weren't a musician what would you be doing: Mental health advocacy and studying to be a psychologist
- Most proud moment: releasing my EP!
- Memorable fan moments: Having people say that my music makes them cry... it honestly hits me so hard every time I hear that.
- Frivolous fun facts: I speak 4 languages. I really want to go skydiving. I have four little brothers
Eva On Stage
- July (TBD) playing an art gallery in Fenway Park
- August (TBD) doing an EP set in downtown Boston
The Eva Westphal Network
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock, independently brewed in Texas for Boston's independent spirit. Boston is Shiner country!