Meet: The Jake Ash Band, a 6 piece band from the South Shore
One of the first questions this talented 6 piece band often gets is, "which one is Jake Ash?" There actually is no Jake Ash, but there is a "jake," as in a firefighter. The good-time band first came to be in 2013, when four original members were all Brockton firefighters, and one was a beer delivery driver. The boys were just looking to blow off steam, make some music and have some fun. There are still doing that today, only with just one original "jake" left, and now a female co-lead singer and fiddle player. The chemistry of this combo, just works. The JAB describes their sound as "Northeast country." Whatever you call it, it'll have you moving, singing, and wanting to hear more of their hooky, clever originals.
Paul Gardner- bass player/backing vocals and firefighter
Ken Snow- lead vocalist/acoustic guitar and truck driver
Jenna Davies- co-lead singer/fiddle player and school teacher
Kick Ash Music
Listen and love the live original sounds of JAB in our Country 102.5 studios
The band's latest original is "5 Star Dive Bar"
The Jake Ash Band released this video earlier this year for their single, "25 Again."
Download or Stream "25 Again": iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/25-again/id1260324061?i=1260324068 Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/5tjbN5a1k9ph426cpOdJpH
JAB Fun Facts
- Biggest influences: Eric Church, Johnny Cash, Old Dominion and Aerosmith
- All-time favorite country songs: "Mountain Music" by Alabama, "Chicken Fried"- Zac Brown Band, "Tennessee Whiskey" - Chris Stapleton, "Jackson" by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.
- First country concert: Kenny Rogers
- Current Country 102-5 favorites: "Desperate Man"- Eric Church, "Burning Man"- Dierks Bentley and Brothers Osborne and Carly Pearce's "Hide The Wine."
- Most proud moment: Hearing one of our songs on the radio
- Super Fun Fact: Guitarist Paul Talkowski and drummer Dennis Cadorette are lifelong friends and can tandem juggle 6 balls!
- 12/7: The Brook in Holbrook
- 12/8: D'Anns in Abington
- 12:27: Toby Keith's in Foxboro
- 12:28: Venus 3 in Hanson
I'm With The Band
Every week, Kruser's Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
The Local Catch is powered by Shiner Bock,independently brewed in Texas, for Boston's independent spirit. Boston is Shiner country!
Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at [email protected]