The odds of making it in Nashville, and becoming a #1 recording artist have got to be one in a million. The odds of 2 successful artists named Brett… blows my mind. Wait, there’s more. Both are over 6’4″ tall and were born on March 23 (tomorrow). I can’t even fathom the odds of 2 tall hit-making Bretts having the same birthday!
It’s true. Lightning has struck twice.
These birthday Bretts, who have both performed at our Country 1025 Street Party, will both celebrate tomorrow March 23, and are only 5 years apart.
Happy birthday Mr. Young (March 23, 1981) and Mr. Eldredge (March 23, 1986)
Enjoy these Brett fun facts:
- Played college baseball, as a pitcher for theMississippi team, Ole Miss (full ride) . He played for a year and eventually transferred to Fresno State University This Brett was called by two MLB teams, Tampa Bay and Minnesota, but decided to play college ball to improve his skills and get an education behind him. Unfortunately an elbow injury forced Young to end his baseball career
- Brett’s uncle Randy Vataha lives in New England (Lincoln) and played for the New England Patriots in the 70’s
- This southern Californian was a surfer boy, growing up
- His debut single, “Sleep Without You” became his first #1 hit!
- In February, Young got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Taylor in Oxford, Mississippi, right near Ole Miss
- This Brett stands 6’6″
- This Brett was born in Paris! (Illinois, that is)
- Eldredge is a die-hard Cubbies fan! He’s even thrown out the ceremonial first pitch. The video for his 2016 hit, “Wanna Be That Song” was filmed at historic Wrigley Field. And Brett even missed the 2016 CMA Awards to attend Game 7 of the 2016 World Series, where the Cubs beat the Indians
- His go to drink is whiskey on the rocks
- Frank Sinatra is his musical hero. The influence is obvious in Brett’s Christmas album, Glow
- This bachelor found love! The love of his love is his instagramable dog, Edgar! Brett takes him everywhere and posts him all over social. He named his Weimaraner/Vizsla after the county he grew up in, Edgar County
- Eldredge’s first #1 was in 2012 with “Don’t Ya,” and he’s had 4 more since then!
- This Brett stands 6’5″
Happy birthday to both Bretts!