Country 102.5 Street Party is almost here! As we get closer, let’s get closer to the stars with a few fun facts and photos!
Meet Rachel Wammack!
- Rachel grew up in the very musical city of Muscles Shoals, Alabama. Muscles Shoals, home to 2 big recording studios, has hosted a variety of talent over the years from Aretha Franklin to Carrie Underwood.
- Music is in this 23 year old’s blood. Her whole family sang in their church choir. She started playing piano around age 6 and joined the marching band in high school. (Btw, she played marimba)
- Rachel sites Carrie Underwood, Adele, and early Katy Perry as some of her biggest inspirations. She also LOVES Ray Charles, who inspired her love of playing piano.
Here’s Rachel at the piano with her mom and grandmother
- Rachel recently shared that the first song she wrote was called, “Ramen Noodles.” She say’s “back in high school it was basically the only thing I knew how to cook, so I decided to write a song about it. Believe it or not, back when I was performing in Muscle Shoals regularly, it was my number one requested song!”
- Wammack was discovered as a senior in high school, while working at a Marriott Hotel lounge, in her hometown. One night, it just so happened that a VP from Sony Music was there, waiting for a table and listening to her perform. He was so impressed, he introduced himself, and the rest is history.
- From a hotel lounge to… performing on the stage at the Grand Ole Opry earlier this month. It’s been dream come true for Rachel.
Congrats to Rachel and her fiance, Noah Purcell, who got engaged just this past March! She told us that Noah is a senior in college studying to be a worship pastor.
- Tonight come see Rachel performing live at Loretta’s Last Call on Landsdowne Street! It’s a free show and she goes on at 7:30!
- Don’t forget to tune in tomorrow morning to hear Rachel co-hosting with Jackson, while Ayla is on vacation
- Join Rachel, along with Justin Moore, Chase Rice, Jimmie Allen and Devin Dawson at our Country 1025 Street Party on Saturday, May 25! Tickets are available HERE!
Rachel Wammack Music
- Hard To Believe
- My Boyfriend Doesn’t Speak for Me Anymore