A friend of mine shared a story out of North Carolina yesterday and tears welled up as I was reading. As an avid animal lover, hearing how dangerous this algae is, I felt the need to pass this along because it’s here, too.
My friend John posted the story of Melissa Martin and Denise Mintz, who brought their three dogs out for what was to be a fun Thursday afternoon at the pond to cool off. What they didn’t know was the water had been breeding a deadly bloom. By Friday evening, all three dogs had passed.