Meet Catherine Roche from Haverhill, MA
There is a reason this young singer/songwriter made it all the way into the top 3 in our Country 1025 Local Catch Live competition this past Spring. Catherine Roche is a performer, in every sense of the word. The Cambridge Dictionary defines performer as, “a person who entertains people by acting, singing, dancing or playing music.” All of the above for Ms Roche. She takes a song and brings it to life on stage, engaging her audience, and singing her heart out.
Catherine captures the best of both traditional and modern in her writing and her vocals. There are hints of Emmy Lou Harris in this artist, perhaps it’s the quaver of an aching country heart juxtaposed with a rock roar. With Catherine, you also sense cool comfort of self, and a radiant affection of purpose. Roche has been singing for as long as she can remember, from coffee tables to talent shows to family parties. Now you can catch her on ampitheater side stages and packed clubs. doing what she has always dreamed of.
There’s no denying, when Catherine Roche sings, she can’t escape her heroes, they live in her voice. It’s as if she was born to sing.
Catherine came by our Country 1025 to share her what she has been working on this summer.
Fresh off the paper and pen.. it’s Catherine’s “Road Trip”
Here’s “Good Time Crowd,” bound to incite any crowd!
Roche On The Record
- What lead you to music: The fact that music allows me to have the creative freedom to express any emotion I am feeling while either singing, writing or performing. I also have always loved helping people, and I can do that through music. It’s the best of both worlds.
- How old when you started: I was 4 years old when I starting putting on concerts for stuffed animals and family members. That lead me to talent shows, open mics and now at 25 I have an EP and I’m performing my owns songs at shows.
Instruments played: vocals and guitar
How would you describe your sound: country/folk
- Who inspires you: All the female artists who have paved the way and are still paving the way for us future artists
- All- time favorite country song(s): there’s too many to chose from
- Favorite country concert: Dolly Parton and Kip Moore put on the best shows!
- What songs do you like now on Country 102.5: “The Bones” by Maren Morris // “homecoming queen?” Kelsea Ballerini
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Definitely something in the music business or Skin Care
- Most proud moment: Having my own song sung back to me so loud at my show was really cool.
- Other things you like to do: I love working out, baking, hiking, and going on adventures
- Fun Facts: I have one of the loudest most obnoxious laughs you could ever think of.
Catch Catherine Live
- October 12: Moonshiners in Haverhill -9:00pm
The Road To Roche
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing email@example.com