Catch Of The Week: Ashlie Dawn
Meet Ashlie Dawn from Foxboro
Music has been as much of a part of of Ashlie Dawn’s life as… family. It was just always there, from day one, much like family. Ashlie says, “growing up, my parents always had music playing…inside and outside of our home.” There was also dance, gymnastics, cheerleading, musical theater and family talents shows. At every turn, there was a creative outlet.
The creative environment led Ashlie to write her first song when she was just a tween. But it was as a senior in high school, that she started taking her craft seriously. “When it comes to being a working musician, with players, I was a late bloomer,” Ashlie conveyed. She didn’t have her first real gig until 2014. One year later the singer/songwriter formed her first band.
Ashlie’s vocal style is edgy, and perfectly suites her artistic personality. There’s an unconventional funkiness about Ashlie Dawn, giving the country girl a definite rock fringe.
Now Appearing… Ashlie Dawn
Ashlie and her guitarist, Billy Thompson, stopped by our Country 1025 studio to share 2 originals
“Just Another Song”
Here’s the studio version of Ashlie’s single, “Just Another Song.”
- Instruments played: Very basic guitar, keys and drums… enough to write a song 😉
- How would you describe your sound: “Country with a rock and roll attitude.”
- Who inspires you: When it comes to everyday life, my parents and family. They have soo much love to give and are great examples of good people. When it comes to country music, definitely Carrie and Miranda
- All-time favorite country song: “My Church” – Maren Morris
- Favorite country concert: This is a hard one, but I can recall my favorite country concert moment. It was when Zac Brown Band played Countryfest at Gillette Stadium in 2011. It was down pouring and he started singing “Free”. It was such a moment to remember and I felt all the feels!
- What songs do you like now on Country 102.5: “All To Myself” – Dan & Shay, “What If I Never Get Over You” – Lady Antebellum, “Whiskey Glasses” – Morgan Wallen
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: If I wasn’t a musician, I would probably still be doing something creative in music… maybe marketing/pr. I also love the creativity of hair, makeup and fashion, as well! Mixing all of those things together would be fun!
- Proudest moment: This right here is my proudest moment…. being featured on Country 102.5. As a singer/songwriter, we all work so hard for our music to be heard. Thanks to this opportunity, I get to share my music on country radio
- Craziest thing that has ever happened in your music career : I once had a younger fan come up to me and the fan knew who my social studies teacher in high school was and a bunch of other random facts about me!
- Other things you like to do: Camping, pontooning, fishing, makeup/fashion/hair, photography, traveling, host parties/entertain friends and family
- Fun facts: I have multicolored eyes, I can roll/curl my tounge, I love beauty and makeup – but I dislike styling my own hair!
- Mantra: Live A Balanced Life
Ashlie Dawn Shows
- Saturday 10/19: PINZ Milford at 9:00
- Saturday 11/2: Waterfront Kitchen & Bar, Salisbury MA at 8:00
- Saturday 11/30 Project Fund, Inc, Walpole at 7:00
- Thursday 12/5: GazBar, Leominster, MA at 7:30
- Sunday 1/19: Wachusett Brewing Co, Westminster, MA
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org