Meet Leighann Hodgkins from Billerica
Soft and sweet, bold and booming. Leighann Hodgkins’ vocals take you on a ride. Her thoughtful and inspiring lyrics prove the perfect vessel for her voice. There’s definitely a singer/songwriter vibe here, but it’s elevated by a more theatrical delivery. Perhaps why she feels a connection to LeAnn Rimes and Martina McBride. Hodgkins says both Rimes and McBride “became my voice teachers, and I took every chance I could get to perform for an audience.”
Former Berklee College of Music student, Leighann danced as a child and fell in love with being on stage. She relayed, “I always loved singing, and once I started doing it, I couldn’t stop.” After competing in a talent show, she was hooked. Or as Leighann tells it, she fell “in love.” There’s no doubting that love when she sings, and no doubting what she sings comes from the heart.
Leighann Live In Studio
Leighann Hodgkins visited our studios recently and shared her thoughtful and inspiring original, “Finding Grace”
Here’s a song Leighann co-wrote with her brother, Joey, called, “Alice.”
- How old when you started: I was 4 years old the first time I ever stepped on stage. I haven’t gotten off since!
- Instruments played: Besides singing, I also play guitar and piano
- How would you describe your sound: Soulful, and sweet, with a little bit of twang!
- Who inspires you: Carrie Underwood, Maren Morris, and Kacey Musgraves
- Awards and accolades: I’ve won several national titles for singing new country out in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with the North American Country Music Association International.
- All-time favorite country song: “Anyway” by Martina McBride
- Favorite Country Concert: Rascal Flatts with Sheryl Crow
- Current Country 1025 favorites: “GIRL” by Maren Morris; “Love That” by Seaforth; “More Hearts Than Min”e by Ingrid Andress
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I think I would probably be a social worker or a patient advocate. I love people
- Day job: Patient Access at Lahey Clinic in Burlington
- Proudest moment: I had a dad message me about the release of “Finding Grace”. He said that his daughter was going through a really devastating breakup and that my song possibly saved her life. I cried for days after that
- Other things you like to do: I love kayaking, hiking, and hanging out at the beach
- Fun facts: My nickname is Lamby; I did infomercials for the music school I used to work for; Anyone who knows me knows I’m obsessed with pickles and ice cream
- Mantra: Dream big
Leighann Live Shows
- October 12: Honey Pot Hill Orchard, Stow, MA 11:30 am -3:30 pm
- October 13: Honey Pot Hill Orchard, Stow, MA 11:30 am -3:30 pm
Follow Leighann Hodgkins Here
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org