I give wine as gifts to many friends and co-workers. I figure whether you drink or not, it’s good to have around for entertaining purposes. Or, go ahead… and re-gift if you want.
I usually like to find a brand name or title that has something to do with the person I’m giving it to. So, for co-workers, I went in search of country artists who have their own brands. Then, to what do my wondering eyes should appear… but a long list of them! Jackpot!
Many of the brands I couldn’t find locally, but I was able to gift some good ones! I’m happy to share the list I worked from and tell you the ones I picked.
(Special thanks to Sara at Total Wine & More in Braintree for her help!)
First the hard stuff…
1. Willie Nelson’s Old Whiskey River Bourbon
2. John Rich’s Redneck Riviera Whiskey
3. Toby Keith’s Wild Shot Mezcal
4. Darius Rucker’s Backstage Southern Whiskey
5. Florida Georgia Line’s Old Camp Peach Pecan Whiskey
6. Blake Shelton’s Smithworks American-Made Vodka
7. Kenny Chesney’s Blue Chair Bay Rum
8. George Strait’s Codigo Tequila
9. Jake Owen’s Beach Whiskey
10. Cole Swindell’s Sugarlands Moonshine
11. Little Big Town’s Four Cellars Wine
12. Zac Brown’s Z. Alexander Brown Uncaged Wine
13. Kix Brooks’ Arrington Vineyards
14. Miranda Lambert’s Red 55 Winery
15. Craig Morgan’s Old Tattoo Wine
Nice list, huh?
I can tell you from experience that Zac Brown’s Z. Alexander Uncaged Cabernet is really good! I purchase some of that and the new Little Big Town Four Cellars Cab. Can’t wait to try it! It has gotten good reviews, as has the Z. Alexander brand, and it has won awards! I also purchased Florida Georgia Line Old Camp Whiskey brand. I’ve had it before and it’s tasty! I have had Kenny’s Rum in several flavors… all delicious, and the Toby Keith Mezcal, served by Toby! That was an experience! I’m dying to try the George Strait tequila, “Codigo,” which I hear is phenomenal! (But very pricey)
Cheers! And let me know if you try any of these, and what you think.
A toast to you and your family this holiday season.