Every year when the big announcement is made, as to who will be performing at the Super Bowl halftime show, it’s mildly interesting. But why are country artists NEVER considered.
Ok, so many country singers have performed the National Anthem and “America The Beautiful” they once were. In fact, country music has been represented at the halftime show, but we have to go back to 2003 and Shania Twain. The set also featured No Doubt (Gwen Stefani) and Sting.
Before that the only all country halftime show was waaay back in 1994! That show featured Travis Tritt, Clint Black, Tanya Tucker and the Judds! Yeah, that’s pretty darn country.
Just for kicks… here’s a look:
Now, let’s do some dreaming…
Here’s a list of some Super Bowl worthy halftime show performers, all relevant today (in no particular order).
- Luke Combs- I mean, come on. No artist is hotter right now. He’s the genre’s top selling artist! And what a voice.
- Carrie Underwood- for her voice and her live show. She’s the ultimate showperson!
- Kenny Chesney- Let’s bring out the king of the party-vibe and put a summery spin on a winter sport!(Plus he is a huge Patriots fan)
- Eric Church- his passion on stage is unsurpassed.
- Garth Brooks- duh
- Miranda Lambert- Sass is important on game day.
- Dan+Shay- because they’re Dan+Shay and everybody knows their music.
- Jason Aldean- there’s muscle to his music, and it’s football!
- Luke Bryan- He’s America’s sweetheart.
- Thomas Rhett- He can sing and dance! And he’s just lovable.
I could go on all day. I would love to see an all female halftime show with country artists, in any combo! But I will leave it here, and leave it up to YOU!
Who would you like to see performing next year?