Meet Alaina Ray from Haverhill, MA
You’ve heard the term “heavenly voices”. It generally refers to a vocal style that is airy, soft and breathy. Alaina Ray’s voice is heavenly in that is lifts you up and takes you out of this world. But make no mistake, it’s a voice with conviction. There is strength in her confidence. There is lightness in her vocal ebb and flow.
There are hints of Halsey, here… Kacey Musgraves, Lana Del Rey. Ethereal, haunting, dreamy pop could describe this singer/songwriter’s style. But there’s much more to it. Listening to Alaina, it’s hard to believe she is still in high school. Mature in her performance, seasoned in her songwriting, this Haverhill teenager is on the runway, ready for take off. And this young, talented artist’s flight is bound to be a long ride.
Alaina just released her first official single, and it’s impressive. Take a listen to the beautiful, haunting “Feel It All”
- From: Haverhill, MA
- Grew up in: Haverhill, MA
- Now lives in: Haverhill, MA
- Current single: Feel It All
- What lead you to music: My dad plays the guitar and likes to sing and I loved watching him when I was little. He inspired me to want to perform.
- How old when you started: I started vocal lessons and performing at 9yrs old
- Instruments played: Guitar
- How would you describe your sound: Dream Pop
- Who inspires you: Strong female leads like Gwen Stefani
- Dream duet partner: Charli XCX
- All- time favorite country song: Butterflies by Kacey Musgraves
- First country concert: Jillian Cardarelli
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: All To Myself, Blue Tacoma and Slow Burn
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I’m in high school so joining a sport like tennis, I’m so busy with my music that I don’t have time to play
- Day Job: High School
- Most proud moment: When I released my first single, Feel It All on May 1st
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: When I dropped my acoustic guitar right before performing and it cracked but still had to perform
- Other things you like to do: Hang out with friends, shopping and trying new foods
- Fun facts: I have 8 piercings in my ears, 1 of my fingers is larger than the other from slamming it in a car door and I sometimes snort when I laugh
- Mantra: Everything happens for a reason
- 6/26, 7/16 and 8/8: Jocelyn’s in Salem, NH
Follow Alaina Ray
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at firstname.lastname@example.org