Meet Kate Cameron from Duxbury, Ma
Cue Up Cameron
Kate’s just-released single is cleverly titled,”Beauty Shots.” Take a listen to this bold and innovated original.
Kate, As of Late
- From: Duxbury, MA
- Grew up in: Duxbury, MA
- Now lives in: Nashville, TN
- Current single: Beauty Shots
- What lead you to music: Music has just always had a place in my soul. I always loved singing along to the radio and creating things.
- How old when you started: I have been singing for as long as I can remember. I started lessons around 7 years old and started writing songs and playing guitar at 11. At 17 years old I started playing gigs all around the boston area. In college I gigged up to 4 times a week in the summer!
- Instruments played: Guitar, Piano
- How would you describe your sound: My distinct vocal sound lands somewhere between my Boston roots and Nashville idols. At times I’m mirroring soul and rock vocalists such as Susan Tedeschi or Aerosmith yet I have the singer-songwriter sensibilities of those like Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert.
- Who inspires you: My My family. They all work very hard and are all my favorite people.
- Dream duet partner: Probably John Mayer
- All- time favorite country song: Need You Now – Lady A
- First country concert: Lady A at Agganis Arena in 2010!
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Hard to Forget – Sam Hunt, Chasin’ You – Morgan Wallen
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I’d be hosting a TV show on HGTV!
- Day Job: I work full time in property management and development!
- Most proud moment: Graduating from Berklee College of Music and performing a Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty song at the commencement concert at Agganis Arena in Boston!
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: When I was 18 years old I reached out to Kruser on facebook and asked if there were any opportunities to get involved with Country 102.5… The next few years I played promotional events for them and even got to play pre parties for Fenway Park and TD Garden concerts! It was a dream! 🙂
- Other things you like to do: I love to dance and take spin classes! The peloton saved me during quarantine.
- Fun facts:
Last year I managed 60 airbnbs in Nashville!
I love to go to Florida in the winter!
I love to swim and be out on the boat with my family!
- Mantra: No = Improve and try again
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org