Jon Pardi surprised fans today (8/14) with Rancho Fiesta Sessions, an eight-song album that features songs Pardi is both inspired by and loves performing.
The project was recorded live during a one-night live jam session with his touring band from his home base in Nashville, “Rancho Fiesta.”
Jon said, “All these covers are of artists that I admire, and I look up to. There are all kinds of great names and styles of songs on here- from legends. I think the magic and the fun of it is all is in these eight covers of songs that I really like, or grew up singing.”
He added, “It’s all my band on this whole album. We mainly did it to have fun and record, and it sounds like we’re in your backyard, playing for you. I nicknamed my place out here Rancho Fiesta because it was fun and sounded uplifting. We recorded this at the shop out here and I thought it made sense to reference where the project was recorded.”
Pardi brings his musical interpretation to a unique range of cover songs, including songs recorded by Dwight Yoakam, George Strait, Tom Petty, Prince and more.
RANCHO FIESTA SESSIONS Track listing:
1. “The Bottle Let Me Down” – As performed by Merle Haggard
2. “Honky Tonk Man” – As performed by Dwight Yoakam
3. “Right or Wrong” – As performed by George Strait
4. “Marina Del Rey” – As performed by George Strait
5. “Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (If I Die)” – As performed by Joe Diffie
6. “Somebody’s Doin’ Me Right” – As performed by Keith Whitley
7. “The Waiting” – As performed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
8. “Nothing Compares 2 U” – As performed by Prince