Meet Alex Anthony from Newburyport
Some musician’s artistry can’t be confined to a singular genre. That is definitely the case with Alex Anthony. His songwriting, his sound, his vibe are certainly unique. But there’s also a sense of history there, for sure. There’s vinyl records, Ray LaMontagne and Jack Johnson in the room. There’s grit, and grace. There’s whiskey and wine.
Alex’s raspy, achy vocals will pull you in. His thoughtful lyrics will keep you there. And his sense of adventure will take you places. The folky Americana singer/songwriter continues to impress with new music. Look for a new album coming soon called, “Lets Get Some Sleep” – expected in early November.
Listen Before You Can Download
Alex chose the mountains of Colorado as a backdrop when making the video for his soon to be released single, “Million Miles.” The result is stunning. Look for a new album on all music platforms in early November called, Let’s Get Some Sleep
Here’s the official studio version of “Million Miles.” Just push play!
- What lead you to music: Spending time with friends at social gatherings
- How old were you when you started playing:16
- Instruments played: Guitar
- How would you describe your sound: Indie/folk/Americana
- Who inspires you: Bob Marley, Ray Lamontagne, Van Morrison, and Nathaniel Ratefill
- Awards and accolades: Opened for Jeffrey Gaines at Mission on the Bay, Sold out the Middle East Downstairs, Toured internationally (Italy and Montreal), Opened for Air Traffic Controller, Bailen, and The English Beat. Nominated by the New England Music Awards for song of the year in 2019
- All- time favorite country song: “Rock Salt and Nails”- Tyler Childers
- Favorite country concert: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- Current Country 1025 favorites: “Beautiful Crazy” by Luke Combs
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Teaching English
- Day Job: Full Time Musician
- Most proud moment: Having my original music featured on “Young and Restless” CBS
- Crazy thing that happened in your career: Meeting people I don’t know, and them knowing/requesting my original songs
- Other things you like to do: Paddle Board and Travel
- Frivolous fun facts: Self traveled to U.A.E., Italy, Prague, and many other countries. Comic Book Nerd
Alex On Line
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at firstname.lastname@example.org