Meet Joseph Gallant from Bath, ME
Catchy hooks, relatable lyrics, a contemporary vocal vibe… all considered important ingredients to create a hit song. Joseph Gallant has the ingredients and he’s cooking them up now in his latest release, “Lovin’ Every Minute.” The Maine native who thought his career path was on the basketball court, discovered that his music hobby was really the slam dunk.
The singer/songwriter who now calls Nashville home, has a rocky, poppy, soulful delivery. Gallant has found country music to be his sweet spot because of the freedom within the genre. The road from Maine to Nashville has taken him on stage supporting acts from Jake Owen to Justin Moore. This New England artist is definitely in the right court.
Push play to hear Joseph’s latest release, “Lovin Every Minute”
The Goods On Gallant
- Grew up in: Bath, Maine
- Now lives in: Nashville, TN
- Current single: “Lovin Every Minute”
- What lead you to music: My parents’ record collection and the radio. MTV a bit too I guess. I played basketball in college so that was my focus. I learned to play guitar as a hobby during that time and decided when sports was over I wanted to record some songs just to experience it. Never expected at the time that 10 years later it would be my career!
- How old when you started: 22
- First country song you learned: “Anything But Mine” Kenny
- Instruments played: guitar
- How would you describe your sound: I’ve always taken to singers who have diversity in their catalogs….artists like Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton or Eric Church. So I have a sound that can land on the gruff/rockier side but also have songs that are more vulnerable and romantic. I love the country genre because it allows us to create in a space that accepts a lot of different sounds.
- Who inspires you: My parents, my music peers both in New England and Nashville. They’re all fighters.
- Accolades: Have supported/toured with Kip Moore, Granger Smith, Frankie Ballard, Jake Owen, Josh Turner, Rodney Atkins, Russell Dickerson, Justin Moore, Dylan Schneider, Cody Johnson, Montgomery Gentry, Lindsay Ell, Jimmie Allen, Walker McGuire, among others.
- Dream duet partner: Jimmie Allen
- All- time favorite country song: “Just To See You Smile” McGraw. I don’t think there are other answers.
- First country concert: Kenny, Portland, Maine – 2004
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Next Girl, To Hell and Back, Ain’t Always the Cowboy
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: coaching basketball, fitness trainer
- Most proud moment: Hearing my 2019 single “Better Buzz” on country radio. It was spun in 14 states over the course a few months and it just felt great to have a song that people were connecting with.
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Summer 2017 – I was opening for Jake Owen at an outdoor venue. I’d guess there were about 4000 people there when I went on…when I was about to go into a chorus, a fly flew directly into my mouth when I went to inhale. I stopped and turned around, removed said fly and held it up the crowd and explained what happened. Huge pop.
- Other things you like to do: I’m an avid boxing fan and I train weekly at a local boxing gym. I read lots of books, something I picked up more in the last 2 years. I read a lot of spark notes to get by in school and am kind of playing catch up forthat. Also big into fishing. I did a lot of that in 2020 with the downtime.
- Mantra: “conscious daily action” – a friend of mine from college used to say this often and it’s stuck with me ever since. It was especially helpful this past year.
Join Joseph’s Network
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: email@example.com