Meet Singer/Songwriter Zane Christopher from Beverly
The great thing about music is that it’s like opening a gift on Christmas. Sometimes you know exactly what is in the package, and sometimes you are completely surprised, and delighted.
When I pushed play on this young singer/songwriter’s debut single, “Road Song,” I was completely surprised by it’s depth, maturity, and production value. Simultaneously, I was wholly delighted with the artistry that is Zane Christopher.
Because it’s impossible not to make comparisons (human nature), the first thing that came to mind when listening to “Road Song” was Paul Simon… and his Graceland album, and specifically, the song “Graceland.” There’s a richness in the mesh of musical sounds emanating from this record. Zane’s voice is on point, and yet free from restrictions. And I’m excited for what’s to come from this fresh, young artist.
The Sound Of Zane Christopher
Take a listen to “Road Song,” Zane’s debut offering.
The Zane Game
- From: Beverly, MA
- Grew up in: Beverly, MA
- Now lives in: Newport, RI
- Current single: “Road Song”
- What lead you to music: At Beverly hospital, Bob Marley’s ‘Legend’ album was playing when I was born. From then on, music has been a pillar in my life.
- How old when you started: I was 16 when I wrote my first song ‘Family’. It was a country tune about my parents, how they met, and where our family is at today. I wrote it in 30 minutes on Christmas Eve. The next day I performed it at a Christmas party and my family cried, lol. Really grateful for that moment.
- First country song you learned: She’s from Boston – Kenny Chesney
- Instruments played: My primary instrument and songwriting buddy is the guitar. I also play drums, bass, ukulele and sing. Would love to learn Piano if anyone knows a patient teacher in the Boston area 😉
- How would you describe your sound: I guess I’d say a mix of folk, rock, indie, pop and country. I’m still trying to figure it out myself.
- Who inspires you: Mt. Joy, Tame Impala, John Denver, Caamp, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, Coldplay, The Beatles, The Lumineers, Harry Styles, for more country influences I’d say Zac Brown Band, Thomas Rhett, Kenny Chesney, and Billy Currington.
- If you are a band, how did you get your name: Zane is my first name and Christopher is my middle name. It’s what I used to go by in my acting days. I was born Xander Jones III…just kidding that was my fake id name, my real name is Zane Cowans.
- Awards/accolades: Voted most likely to star in a reality show by my classmates.. Maybe I’ll do an album review cooking show on Youtube…
- Dream duet partner: I’d like to do something with Phoebe Bridgers. Or write something with Adrianne Lenker and Big Thief.
- All- time favorite country songs: Ooo.. Boston by Kenny Chesney and Back Where I Come From (Live) by Kenny Chesney. Both hidden gems
- First country concert: Country Fest 2011
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Morgan Wallen – 7 Summers
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I’ve always loved acting. I was in Ted as the voice of young Ted and also played a bully and that was a dream come true. I hope I can combine the two passions in the future.
- Day Job: Spreading good vibes
- Most proud moment: Hearing the final master of my first song ‘Road Song’.
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Having Country 1025 feature me!! I grew up on Country 1025, its so surreal being here.
- Other things you like to do: I love playing hockey, surfing, having bonfires with friends and beachin’
- Fun facts: I was the voice of young Ted in the movie Ted. I make really good breakfast sandwiches. I used to dance in the Boston Celtics halftime shows.
- Mantra: GROW
Follow Zane Christopher
21st birthday on January 24th! Raffling off Cowboy boots for charity! See instagram for details.
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: email@example.com