Cooking and baking are so 2020, I know, but don’t let all those skills you picked up, and that motivation you found, to to waste.
Celebrate National Banana Bread Day with me today by trying out this recipe. Baking brings such nearly-instant gratification, and everyone praises you for it!
Now. I know some specialty holiday calendars list Banana Bread Day as February 23, some also list it as today, January 21. Let’s not take sides. Let’s all just agree to celebrate both!
For me, the simpler the recipe, the better chance I will return to it.
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*Optional- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips, walnuts to top (This is how I prefer it, but we all have picky kids so…)
- Set oven temp to 325 degress
- Grease a loaf pan (9×5)
- Combine bananas, with egg, sugar, and butter together in a bowl.
- Mix flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture (add chocolate chips if desired)
- Add in salt to the batter
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan (add chopped walnuts to top if desired)
- Bake for about an hour (toothpick test in the center of bread, when it comes out clean, it’s ready!)
Serves up to 10
Here’s another great recipe from our friends at Betty Crocker!