Cozy Cocktails For A Winter Weekend!
How cold is it?
It’s so cold that you get excited for temps to RISE to 25 degrees. Yup, and that doesn’t happen until Sunday. So grab the snuggy and a little winter warmth in a cocktail to Netflix with tonight.
A few of my favorite adult concoctions for a cold night…
Kahlua Hot Cocoa!
You may already have all these ingredients at home, and this one is super easy.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 ounce Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- Mini marshmallows, for serving
- Salted caramel, for serving
- Chocolate syrup, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat(until it’s heated through- maybe 2-3 minutes.) Remove from heat and stir in Kahlúa.
- Serve immediately, and bling it up with mini marshmallows, salted caramel and chocolate syrup, on top.
On snowy Chicago nights like these, we love curling up with a great book and a warm cocktail. While The Bar at Hotel Zachary may be closed for the time being, we're sharing two of our favorite, delicious and warming cocktails--our Classic Hot Toddy and Slice of Apple Pie recipe. pic.twitter.com/zrue03Bqqn— Hotel Zachary (@hotelzachary) January 27, 2021
When I got really sick, as a kid, my mom would make me a hot tea with lemon, and yeah, she would dabble in a little whiskey to help me sleep. Hey, it was a long time ago, and it was medicinal. The Hot Toddy has made a hot comeback in recent years, as whiskey, bourbon and rye have become super popular. The above recipe looks really good! But for a simpler take, take a look at this one:
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) bourbon
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup boiling-hot water
Put bourbon, honey, and lemon juice in a 6-ounce mug. Top off with hot water and stir until honey is dissolved.
Cafe Caribbean Cocktail
The name alone makes me want to snuggle up next to this cup, and call it sweetheart!
- 1 ounce rum
- 1/2 ounce amaretto
- 6 ounces coffee (hot, black; or enough to fill)
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Garnish: shaved almonds