Meet Isaiah Bennett from Windham, ME
There is such an ease to Isaiah Bennett’s art. It’s like he breathes, and this beautiful voice pours out effortlessly. Even with his incredible range, the notes never seemed strained or forced. The new single, “Ask Me Anything” will have you asking for more. Carefully crafted, yet carefree… hooky without being predictable, Isaiah has created a piece of music that sounds as if it was meant to be broadcast, shared and streamed.
This Southern Mainer has been at his craft since he hit his teens. But the singing started even earlier, in church, which likely sparked the soulfulness in this singer/songwriter’s sound. Bennett moved to California after high school where he started making money for his art, singing cover songs in bars.
Isaiah’s 2016 EP “VESSELS” made it to #9 on the iTunes Gospel & Praise charts. Fast forward and we find Isaiah with 3 hits (his kids), a beautiful wife, a new album and brand new single to share with the world. And this is a voice that should be heard. Listening to Isaiah is such a “driving down an open road” chill-vibe kind of experience. I hear small traces of Bruce Horsnby, John Mayer, Phil Vassar, maybe Dylan Scott or Brett Eldredge. In music, it’s hard not to make comparisons, but make no mistake, Isaiah Bennett is clearing his own path, and surely leaving traces behind for others to pick up.
Listen To Isaiah
The single: “Ask Me Anything”
The album: Grow Up Fine (coming mid-March)
The post: (From Instagram)”Ask Me Anything is a song I wrote years ago about learning to tell the truth. It’s a song I think we can all relate to on some level. Transparency and honesty are keys to being good humans.”
- From: Gorham, ME
- Grew up in: Gorham, ME
- Now lives in: Windham ME
- Current single: “Ask Me Anything” from the album, Grow Up Fine
- What lead you to music: I wanted to play songs to sing to girls in high school, and I also grew up singing in church
- How old when you started: 13
- First country song you learned: “Take Me Home, Country Roads” – John Denver
- Instruments played: Guitar Piano, Banjo, Percussion
- How would you describe your sound: Country Soul Pop
- Who inspires you: Amos Lee, Chris Stapleton, Eric Church, John Mayer
- Awards/accolades: My 2nd EP made it to #9 on Billboard charts back in 2016.
- Dream duet partner: Chris & Morgane Stapleton
- All- time favorite country song: “Its a Great Day To Be Alive- Travis Tritt
- First concert: The Wallflowers
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Probably be a route driver. I love the open road and am always finding new music there
- Day Job : MUSICIAN!
- Most proud moment: Releasing my latest single “Ask Me Anything” on February 5th this year!
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: I was on American Idol back in 2014 for a short while!
- Other things you like to do: I’m a dad of 3 little ones so anything with them and my beautiful wife. Hiking, kayaking, fishing, travel, play any sports activity!
- Fun facts: I’ve been in the wedding industry for over 10 years playing and DJ’ing weddings all over the country and its my absolute favorite thing.
- Mantra: I HAVE ALL THAT I NEED
- At the Goat in Portsmouth, NH every Tuesday and Thursday night at 9:00pm
Bennett on the Net
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org