Meet Timmy Brown from Norton
Everyone grows up having childhood dreams. Maybe you wanted to be an astronaut, a teacher, a race car driver, a movie star. But think of how few of us keep those dreams, and actually get to live them. It takes a lot of work, even more focus, and an unrelenting drive. Cue the Timmy Brown music.
Brown has known since he was literally in preschool, that music was his thing. He started playing piano, learning songs by ear, singing karaoke, and igniting the artistic spark that burned in his soul. With the support of family and friends, that spark has turned into a fire. People recently featured Timmy in an exclusive, highlighting his journey and his debut album, Good Life.
There was a lot of pounding pavement, soul searching, writing, recording, performing, booking, promoting, knocking on doors, rejection, and acceptance, that went on between the first tickling of the ivories, to living and working as a full time artist in Nashville. All that hard work has taken Brown from the dreamer to the “Good Life.”
Having time off his typically crazy tour schedule, thanks to the pandemic, gave Brown the opportunity to dig deeper, and create a more mature and more textured art. The result is a collection of songs that comes from the heart, and home…drips of sweat and beer, and puts something on the plate for everyone (including a song co-written by Chris Young and Eric Paslay). A highlight on Timmy’s album is the very personal, and touching tribute to his late grandmother, called “If You Were Here.” She was obviously a major influence in his life, and a big supporter of his dream.
This hometown talent is primed for national success. There’s no stopping the dream for Timmy Brown.
Brown’s New Sounds
Take a listen to Timmy’s new single and the title track from his debut album, Good Life
TB performs “Good Life” live
- From: Norton MA / Nashville TN
- Now lives in: Full time in Nashville TN
- Current single: “Good Life”
- What lead you to music: My grandmother always pushed me to follow my dreams and when she passed away, I decided to stop everything and create music full time.
- How old when you started: 5 years old
- First country song you learned: “Ring Of Fire” Instruments played: Guitar & Piano
- Who inspires you: My grandmother who passed six years ago
- Awards/accolades: New England Country Music Male Country Artist Of The Year 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019. New England Music Country Act Of The Year 2019
- Dream duet partner: Randy Travis
- All- time favorite country song: “The Dance”- Garth Brooks
- First country concert: Craig Morgan debut at the Grand Ole Opry
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: “Famous Friends” (Chris Young & Kane Brown) “Hell Of A View” (Eric Church)
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: I can’t really picture myself doing anything else haha
- Day Job: Full-Time Musician
- Most proud moment: Singing The National Anthem at Gillette Stadium / Releasing my debut album “Good Life” on May 14th, 2021.
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: I made top 50 on American Idol in 2016. Getting a People Magazine feature on my song “If You Were Here”.
- Other things you like to do: Watch Sports, Cook, Go on cruises in my Jeep, Have fires with friends , Golf and Fish
- Fun fact: I have bowled multiple 300 games and almost went to college for bowling!
Timmy Brown Around Town
He’s back for a stretch of shows this summer. Catch Timmy at one of these gigs!
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org