Meet Ryan LaPerle from Cambridge, MA
There’s a smooth as silk, effortless vibe going on here in the music of Ryan LaPerle. Think Jack Johnson, Ed Sheeran or one of his musical heroes, John Mayer. Ironically, there is plenty of effort involved, as this New England based artist self produces his music, is a multi-instrumentalist, writer and constantly performing. Clearly the magic is making it all seem so easy, so natural.
Much of Ryan musicality is likely natural, as he had an instant passion for singing. At an early age, LaPerle showed an interested in music, learning to play guitar by age 14. It wasn’t long before his hobby became his career, and he started learning other instruments, learning to produce his own music and book his gigs.
Be on the look out for Ryan if you are headed to Faneuil Hall, as he performs there regularly. He’s been doing gigs at college campuses across the country for years, and often plays clubs around New England. The popular performer was invited to audition for The Voice on NBC and received a scholarship to attend Berklee College of Music
Push play for LaPerle
In 2019 Ryan visited our Country 1025 studios to share some of his original music. Take a look, and listen to “Haunted.”
Ryan on the Record
- From: Cambridge, MA
- Grew up in: Exeter, NH
- Now lives in: Cambridge, MA
- Current single: “Over You”
- What lead you to music: Passion
- How old when you started: 15
- First country song you learned: “Achy Breaky Heart”
- Instruments played: Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums & Vocals
- How would you describe your sound: Pop/acoustic
- Who inspires you: John Mayer, Lauv & Dan & Shay
- All- time favorite country song: “Wagon Wheel”
- First country concert: Granby, CT 4-H Fair
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Tequila by Dan & Shay
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Land Scaper
- Day Job: Musician/performer
- Most proud moment: Opening for Livingston Taylor (James Taylor’s Brother) for the city of Westfield,MA
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Being asked to audition for The Voice
- Other things you like to do: Run, paddleboard, hike & movies
- Fun facts: I don’t like ketchup, biscuits & gravy is underrated and have run the Boston Marathon
- Mantra: Do your best and have grace
- Playing all summer in the Faneuil Hall Street performing program. Come by and listen.
- Check Ryan’s website and social pages for gig updates.
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: email@example.com