Meet Three Years Gone from the South Shore
This isn’t your daddy’s country; Unless your daddy is Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert or Aaron Lewis. Patrick Kearns and Mathew LaPierre may seem like a couple of laidback dudes, that is, until they plug in. The guitar riffs rip through the song like flames on a windy night. The vocals are seriously strong, harmonies on point, and the message is clear. Liquid courage is sought to truth seeking and finding answers, in this original song. Wait until you read how one of the guys grandmothers got involved in some social media promotion for the song, and what platinum selling country band responded! (In “Band Buzz” below).
The full length album is on the way, and I’m sure their fans are fired up. I have a feeling wherever Three Years Gone is going, it’s a party you don’t want to miss. Cheers to a well crafted single that rocks 100%.
Three Years gone just released the rocker, “100 Proof.” Guaranteed to go down smooth, but kick you in the pants. Take a listen.
“100 Proof “was written by Patrick Kearns. He had the acoustic riff and lyrics. Brought that into “all step studios” where Matt laid down the amazing lead guitar. TYG relayed, “We wanted to make a rock country song that you can blast at the beach, cookout, a lively bar, anywhere your looking to have a good time. This was a song made for the summer months! Between the main riff, big drums and vocal harmonies. I think we accomplished that. 100 Proof is the perfect song to turn up at any party.”
- Current single: “100 Proof.” It’s the title track from the upcoming September album release. We are extremely excited for everyone to hear it.
- How did you get your name: Me and my guitarist played as an acoustic duo a few years ago and always asked what if? What if we made a full band project together? That was 3 years ago and here we are now as Three Years Gone.
- Where are you from: Patrick Kearns is from East Bridgewater and Matthew LaPierre is from Quincy Massachusetts.
- How did you come together and when: We met through mutual friends and started playing music in 2018.
- Instruments played: Patrick Kearns – Singer/Songwriter/ Acoustic. Matthew LaPierre – Lead Guitarist/backup vocals.
- How would you describe your sound: We are a country rock band with pop elements. We made this album to have a little something for everyone. We’re big on vocal harmonies and whether you hear the music or our voices you know it’s Three Years Gone.
- Biggest influences: Pats biggest influences are Tom Petty, Chris Cornell and Dave Grohl. Matt’s are Dimebag Darrell, Jake Cinnanger and John Mayer.
- All time favorite country songs: Patrick Kearns – Jason Aldean – My kinda Party got me into country music. Anytime I hear that opening riff I can’t help but crank up the volume and get it going.
- Current favorites on Country 1025: Blake Shelton – Guy with the Girl. Kenny Chesney – I Go Back
- Day jobs: Patrick Kearns – Feeny Brothers. Matthew LaPierre – Arbella Insurance
- Most proud moment: Every show we play is a proud moment. After the pandemic hit just being able to play live again is an amazing feeling.
- Craziest thing that ever happened in your music career: career: Craziest thing actually happened a few months ago. My grandmother Eva to promote our single 100 Proof said she would have 100 shots in 100 days. One each day. Eli Young Band sent us a video taking a shot to salute her and the single. It was amazing.
- Fun facts: Patrick Kearns is actually also known as “The Big Scary Man Guy” He’s been going to Bruins games as a Viking for over a decade. Doing bruins recaps on 98.5 The Sportshub. He’s been featured on NBC, NESN, ESPN and more. Pat also runs a podcast called “Big Mouth Small Words.” Matt can solve a Rubik’s cube in under a minute easy.
- Gigs: We have shows coming up at Barrett’s Alehouse Bridgewater, Grandslam Pub West Bridgewater, Barrels & Boards Raynham and Prova Brockton. Many more coming up.
Follow Three Years Gone
Tyler Hubbard from Florida Georgia Line even got in on the action…
To see it, click here: Tyler Hubbard for Three Years Gone