Meet Vinny B from Hudson, MA and Nashville
Most of us in the third grade aren’t thinking about our career goals. Unless, you are Vinnie Bonino. That’s when this New England singer/songwriter decided he wanted to pursue music. It started with a pure joy. Then came the piano lessons, voice lessons, the Belmont University music degree, the hustling to book gigs. But the joy remained. The pursuit of happiness for Vinny B lead him to Nashville, and now his 2 true loves; his music and his fiancée, Andrea.
Vinny’s latest release incorporates three of his loves; music, Disney and Andrea. “Wonderland” feels like a Disney soundtrack song. It’s starts slower, simple and sweet, then builds into a sweeping ballad, only to fall into a gentle landing. There’s a dream, a romance, a touch of drama, and ultimately… a happy ending. The kind of song a prince would sing to his princess. And he did.
The Voice of Vinny
Of his latest original song, Vinny said, “I wrote Wonderland in fall of 2019 for my fiancée. She had always asked me to write a song for
her but I didn’t want it to be just another love song, but have more of a personal connection yet other people could still relate to. We have a tradition where we go to a Disney park every Valentine’s day, so I immediately thought -A Disney love song! It’s never been done and I could be the first. So I incorporated our favorite childhood Disney movies, the Disney movie stereo types, and surprised her with a recording of the song for Christmas. Who would have thought that I would also propose to my fiancé with that song someday. The Music video for “Wonderland” will be out Fall of 2021, for those that want to join that super special moment in my life and I can’t wait to show y’all!”
A Bit About Vinny B
- From: Hudson, MA
- Now lives in: Nashville, TN
- Current single: Wonderland
- What lead you to music: I like being able to tell stories and hopefully make someone’s day. The spotlight is pretty cool too!
- How old when you started: I was 8 when I started to take music seriously into something more than just a hobby
- First country song you learned: “God Bless The U.S.A” by Lee Greenwood
- Instruments played: piano, guitar
- How would you describe your sound: as a chameleon. I can be soft and gentle but when I need to be but could rock your socks off at the same time
- Who inspires you: Russel Dickerson, Chris Lane, Rascal Flatts
- Awards/accolades : I was winner of the male vocalist and entertainer of the New England country music awards from 2010-2013
- Dream duet partner: Morgan Wallen
- All- time favorite country song: Wanted by Hunter Hayes
- First concert: 98 degrees wayyyyyy back in the day
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Literally everything
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Honestly it’s so hard to answer that considering its what I knew I wanted to do my entire life
- Day Job:: Musician
- Most proud moment: Either landing on the Netflix show SING ON, or surprising my amazing fiancée with a magical proposal which you can catch on my upcoming music video
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Playing a show for Chris Stapleton
- Other things you like to do: Explore the outdoors, anything sport related, and then relax with my beautiful Nashville family
- Fun facts: I absolutely LOVE to cook and try new recipes, I really like to be behind the camera too and add to more of the creative side, I want to spend at least one year of my life doing music acoustically with my dog and fiance living out of an RV to see the world.
- Mantra: I’ll gladly screw up any song you wanna hear
The Vinny Vine
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org