Meet Scott Alan Savoy from Athol, MA
He’s a little bit country and a little bit western…if we are talking about MetroWest, or Western Mass. Scott Alan Savoy is a singer/songwriter who’s grown up with a mix of musical influences from classic country to rock, folk and pop. He emotes an ease and sense of comfort in his music. It’s as if there was never any question he should be doing this. Savoy’s laid-back Alan Jackson meets Gordon Lightfoot kind of vibe is serves the busy musician and family man well.
Sounds of Savoy
Scott’s original song, “Ain’t What It Looks Like” puts a softer spin on the done-me-wrong song. His vocals weave in and out, as if they were emotions ebbing and flowing; sharing pain and acceptance in the story.
The Scoop on Scott
- From: Athol, Ma.
- Grew up in: Maynard, Ma
Current single: “Aint What It Looks Like”
- What is your song about/how did it come to be: A woman walks in on her cheating man and walks away realizing it’s over and for the best
- What lead you to music: Elvis Presley music
- How old when you started: 7 years old
- Instruments played: Guitar, Piano
- How would you describe your sound: A mix of everything I have ever heard
- Who inspires you: My Mom and entire family and the incredibly gifted local musicians in my community who are so amazingly supportive
- Awards/accolades: I reached the local finals of the Colgate Country Showdown and had the pleasure of playing at The Tweeter center in Mansfield with The talented Darren Bessette band!!!! Sadly, I did not win, but it was incredible!
- Dream duet partner: My Dad. Sadly he has passed away but he had such a powerful and beautiful voice
- All- time favorite country songs: Working Man Blues by Merle Haggard and I Miss My Mary by Hal Ketchum
- First country concert: George Jones
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: “Starting Over”- Chris Stapleton, “Things a Man Oughta Know” by Lainey Wilson
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Anything where I can use my hands .
- Most proud moment: The Birth of all three of my children and Becoming and Grandfather .
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Playing at the Colgate Country Showdown in Mansfield.
- Other things you like to do: Read, workout, watch my daughter play soccer and spending time with my children. I enjoy classic television like Hogan’s heroes, Wild Wild West and The Avengers tv show.
- Fun facts: I love 30’s and 40’s big band music! I’m pretty darn good at music trivia(minus rock of the nineties) I like watching the animal life that gather in my yard.
- 9/29: Hardwick Winery. Hardwick, MA 2-5pm
- 10/1: The Boiler Bar and Grille, Orange MA 6-9pm
- 10/5: Hardwick Winery 2-5pm
- 10/8: Sail To Trail Winery, Worcester, MA 4-7pm
Savoy on Social
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
*Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at firstname.lastname@example.org