Meet Paige Davis from Pepperell
It’s been far too long since we’ve heard from this gifted singer/songwriter. But you can hardly blame Paige Davis, she’s been a little busy… studying neuroscience. Yeah, so she gets a pass. The last time Paige was featured on these pages, she was still a teenager. Now a senior in college, Davis is back with more experiences in life from which to draw, a more mature sound and a spirited new song. “Good Spirits” delivers the punch, and connects to our emotions, evoking feelings worthy of it’s title. Seriously clever lyrics have the writer giving up relationships for more reliable “boyfriends,” like Sam, Morgan, Jose, Tito and Jack. You get the picture.
Davis’ musical sass factor is up there with Kelsea Ballerini, Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift. There’s a blues/rock element to her country. A laid- back confidence and smoky rasp draw you into every note. Paige has definitely turned a page in her career. And although the music and songwriting is undoubtedly more sophisticated, the lyrics are age appropriate, targeted at her peers. It’s a balancing act, and this singer/songwriter seems to have nailed it. Listening to “Good Spirits” only makes you want hear what this artist is capable of on the next release, the album, the career to come.
The Sounds Of Paige
Paige Davis relayed the story of how “Good Spirits” came to be: “My roommate, Kelly, and I were living off campus at school last year, and COVID really limited the things we could do socially. One day, we were super bored and I had just finished venting to her about how frustrated I was with my love life, and we started writing a witty and college-age appropriate song about how even when romantic relationships don’t work out, at least our relationship with alcohol is still going strong (LOL).”
Listen, and love.
Paige Davis Details
- From: Pepperell, MA
- Grew up in: Pepperell, MA
- Now lives in: Amherst, MA
- Current single: “In Good Spirits”
- What lead you to music: I grew up with my dad always playing music in the house, as he was in a band in the 90s. I was also super into Hannah Montana throughout my entire childhood, so I was inspired by her, as well as my deep love for Taylor Swift.
- How old when you started: 12
- First country song you learned: Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift
- Instruments played: Guitar and Piano
- How would you describe your sound: Singer/Songwriter, Country/Pop
- Who inspires you: Taylor Swift, Maren Morris, Miranda Lambert, Tyler Childers, Halsey, Chris Stapleton
- Awards/accolades: New England Female Country Artist of the Year (2017)
- Dream duet partner: Tyler Childers or Matt Healy from The 1975
- All- time favorite country song: : Gunpowder and Lead. Obviously.
- First country concert: Taylor Swift Fearless Tour
- What songs do you like now on Country 1025: Just the Way by Parmalee, You Should Probably Leave by Chris Stapleton, Whiskey Glasses by Morgan Wallen, Cowboy Cassanova by Carrie Underwood
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: Surgical Neurophysiologist
- Day Job: Neuroscience Student at UMass Amherst
- Most proud moment: Getting accepted into every college I applied to
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: Opening for a bunch of cool artists like Little Big Town, Keith Urban, Lady A, Kelsea Ballerini, and Michael Ray!
- Other things you like to do: I am a massive nerd and am obsessed with science and brain function, I love reading, and my new favorite form of exercise is doing TikTok dances (lol).
- Fun facts: super weird, but I can talk with my mouth closed. Also, I have a pretty good read on people within 10 minutes of knowing them
- Mantra: “My potential is limitless, and I choose where to spend my energy”
Paige On Stage
- December 23rd: Loretta’s Last Call 8-11PM Single Release Party
- More dates coming in Spring/Summer 2022!