Happy National Book Lovers Day to all my fellow book nerds. Every year on August 9th, we celebrate the unofficial holiday that encourages people to pick up a book and spend the day reading. It’s a great opportunity to put down your phone and other technology, and work on that never-ending to-be-read list. If you’re a true book lover, you know exactly what I’m talking about. We have shelves and shelves full of books waiting to be read. We still go to the library and take out books. Today is our day. Rejoice bookworms!
How to celebrate National Book Lovers Day
There are so many ways to celebrate the day. Of course we can read, but there are also other ways to celebrate our love.
- Of course we can buy, borrow, or listen to more books. Duh! We can never have enough.
- Organize your bookshelf. There are so many ways to do this. By color, author, subject, etc. It’s always fun to do.
- Sit out in nature and enjoy your book. Nothing like sitting under a tree and reading a favorite, or new book.
- Visit your local library. It’s always nice to walk around among our friends.
- Encourage the kids in your life to read. Take them to the library or the bookstore to pick out something they would love.
- Share your love of books on social media by showing what you’re reading, or recommend some books to your followers.
- Support your favorite authors. Besides buying their books, one thing that helps them so much is to write a positive review of their work.
- Buy a banned book. Books and authors are currently under attack. Be outspoken about your support. Donate a banned book to your local library or school. Educate yourself about what you can do to help.
As you can see, there are many ways to celebrate the day. Why not treat yourself to some great bookish swag. Here are some suggestions.