With prices on the rise in pretty much every aspect of our lives, we’re all looking for ways to save a little cash. Eating out has become more expensive, and for a lot of us, that means cutting back the amount of times we hit a restaurant. Well, there are restaurants offering some delicious deals that are easy on your budget.
Rising food prices
If you’ve stepped into any restaurant over the past couple years, you’ve definitely seen an increase in prices. No it’s not your imagination, and unfortunately, it’s not getting better. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says that they’re expecting prices to increase 8.2% this year. According to their April 2023 forecasts, they say that restaurant and at-home food prices are expected to rise this year “at above historical-average rates. And last year, restaurant prices increased by 7.7%.
Tips for saving money at the grocery store
The good news is that there are lots of ways to save money. And Her Money has some tips on how to stretch your money.
- Set a budget – I know, I know, we’ve all heard it before. But we need to do it. Figure out how much you have to spend, and here’s the hard part, stick to it. You got this!
- Meal prep/plan (if you don’t already) – This goes hand in hand with budgeting. If you know what you’re going to be making, it’ll be easier to make a list and only get what you need.
- Don’t be loyal – We all have our favorites, but sometimes it doesn’t pay to be loyal. Your favorite grocery store might not have the best deal. If not, don’t feel bad for temporarily jumping ship.
- Cut down on impulse buys – Again, stick to the list. It’s SO hard, but if you’re trying to stick to a budget, don’t let temptation get the best of you.
- Buy in bulk – This is especially helpful for meat which can be more expensive. Take advantage of sales and freeze what you’re not going to use right away.
Finding delicious deals at restaurants
The same way you search for the best deals at grocery stores, you can find them at restaurants. We did the work for you, and here are some great delicious deals to try.