Meet Lyssa Coulter from Westboro!
Lyssa Coulter always had a dream of performing in front of a big audience, for as long as she can remember. It started in the back of the car, and then in front of her parents and their friends, and anywhere she could find an audience. Even though she dreamed it, she never really thought it would become a reality, until now…as Lyssa has made the move to Nashville and the commitment to her craft, her calling, her dreams.
After high school, Coulter moved from Medway to Westboro, where doors began to open. She started working with a vocal coach who not only coached her, but acted as her booking agent, getting Lyssa 15 minute slot gigs around the area. From there, Lyssa says, “I knew it was going to be on the path I chose as a career and I just haven’t stopped since.”
This singer/songwriter has grown by leaps and bounds since last we met. She has gained a confidence, learned to trust in her writing, and let her vocals soar. Her path here in New England has now led her straight to Nashville.
Listen To Lyssa
Lyssa’s current single is a great summer song! Take a listen to “Cruisin'”
Back in January of 2019 Lyssa visited our studios before she made the move to Nashville and performed this original live!
- From: Westborough, MA
- Now lives in: Nashville, TN
- Current single: Cruisin’
- What lead you to music: For the first 16 years of my life I always saw music as nothing more than a hobby, but dreamed of performing on a big stage. It wasn’t until I was 17 that I discovered that I could pursue my music career. I started going to a local voice coach and she got me started with small gigs and open mics. From there I started to learn more about the industry and how to book gigs of my own as well as learning about songwriting. At 19 I took my first trip to Nashville, TN to record my first single “By My Side”.
- How old when you started: I started vocal lessons at 16 years old, but have been singing as a hobby since the age of 2.
- Instruments played: Voice, Guitar and starting to pick up keyboard
- How would you describe your sound: Country-pop
- Who inspires you: Kelsea Ballerini was my inspiration to join the country industry world. She will continue to be a huge inspiration of mine. One of my biggest inspirations is Taylor Swift. Her writing, her attitude, her confidence, the product she puts out not just on the radio but in person continues to amaze me. I am also inspired by a lot of my talented friends. I’d say most of my inspiration though, comes from the people who believe in me, the people push me to do things I never thought I’d do and the industry pros who provide me with incredible opportunities. It all pushes me to become a better artist and writer.
- 2017 NashNext Worcester finalist
- 2018 Worcester Music Award Country Act of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Josie Music Award Song of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Josie Music Award Album of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Josie Music Award Female Artist of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Josie Music Award Entertainer of the Year Nominee
- 2018 New England Music Award New Act of the Year Winner
- 2018 NashNext New York Finalist
- 2019 New England Country Music Country Act of the Year Nominee
- Dream duet partner: The Goo Goo Dolls, Taylor Swift, or Kelsea Ballerini
- All- time favorite country song: Live Like You Were Dying- Tim Mcgraw
- First country concert: Taylor Swift – Fearless Tour
- What songs do you like now on Country 102.5: She Got The Best Of Me – Luke Combs, Bluebird – Miranda Lambert, I Hope – Gabby Barrett
- If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing: My original plan was to be a middle school english teacher so I would’ve been pursuing school to get a degree in education.
- Day Job: When I’m not on the road, I am working with artists through my artist development and branding company, Cloud 9 Development.
- Most proud moment: Having the opportunity to open up for artists like LANCO & Big & Rich at Headwaters Country Jam in Cardwell, Montana.
- Crazy thing that happened in your music career: The 2019 Maybe Tonight Tour, which was my very first full band, national tour. We had the opportunity to perform at Taste of Country Music Festival, Country Jam Colorado, and Headwaters Country Jam in Montana.
- Other things you like to do: I enjoy graphic design, running my artist development company, & collaborating with my friends.
- Fun facts: I love legos (I have a 4,000 piece Disney set). I am a huge Disney fanatic. My favorite food is mac n cheese.
You can check out Facebook.com/LyssaCoulter to keep up with my upcoming virtual Instagram and Facebook LIVE schedule.
Every week, Kruser’s Local Catch highlights New England’s homegrown country music talent, and tells you where to catch them locally and in Nashville. Click here to view previous catches.
Singer/songwriters with original music: Please submit for consideration on The Local Catch by emailing Kruser at email@example.com